Password

Album Review
Eye Alaska - Genesis Underground Album Cover

Eye Alaska - Genesis Underground

Reviewed by
Eye Alaska - Genesis Underground
Record Label: Fearless Records
Release Date: July 7, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from weworemasks. You can see all of weworemasks's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
11:08 PM on 08/07/09
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
This album is off the chain. I wish I could find it in a store somewhere near me though haha.
12:44 AM on 08/08/09
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
I just started listening to their EP and I can't get enough of it. Its so fucking good and I'm sure Genesis is even better. These dudes deserve to be huge and I hope they recieve the promotion they deserve.

To the OP: Do you write for another site? I was looking up the reviews for this album on Wikipedia and this exact review was on some other site. Well anyways I love the review. Good job
yes sir, that's me. i write for weworemasks.com - thanks for reading man.

and if you think the EP is that good, then you'll love this album. it's the EP on steroids.
02:07 AM on 08/08/09
weworemasks
User Info.
Cool dude. Once I give the EP some more time I'll definitely check out this album.

This is kind of a silly question but I though you might know. Has the singer ever explained why is is always wearing a backpack?

i interviewed him for school a while back and i asked him about it. he just kept ot vague and said it has things in it that are very personal, self reflective and of sentimental worth.
09:39 AM on 08/08/09
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Cool dude. Once I give the EP some more time I'll definitely check out this album.

This is kind of a silly question but I though you might know. Has the singer ever explained why is is always wearing a backpack?

I wear a backpack alot when I'm skating or riding my bike? Its something I always do and I feel weird without it on.

Maybe that's it?

This album is pretty swell, I plan to catch these guys on tour ASAP
11:13 AM on 08/08/09
dru
i know i got my issues...
User Info.
spot-on review man. i also check out weworemasks regularly, good stuff
12:45 PM on 08/08/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
This album is off the chain. I wish I could find it in a store somewhere near me though haha.
I know. I can't find it either.
10:20 PM on 08/08/09
weworemasks
User Info.
spot-on review man. i also check out weworemasks regularly, good stuff
have i ever told you how sexy you are?
02:39 PM on 08/10/09
The Affliction
transient jet lag ecto mimed bison
User Info.
Great live performance, saw them just the other night in Austin. Wronski knows how to really manipulate the mic to achieve the album-quality vocals. So much energy from the band too! If anyone gets a chance to see them, it's totally worth it. I've always thought this band a had a new funky fresh sound, while still keeping the alternative rock base.
09:50 AM on 08/24/09
miketheauthor
Dude
User Info.
Still haven't heard this enough to form a good opinion. But I listened to it a few times online before it was released and for the most part I dug what I heard. I'd have to say I like the pop and rock type stuff more than the hip hop jams. I can dig it though.
10:29 AM on 09/05/09
iam1bearcat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
extremely well written review.
usually i tend to stay away from non-member reviews because most people doing a review use the same tersm over and over again and don't describe the album at all. great job.
i just got into these guys and picked up Yellow & Elephant EP and i'm gonna want to get this full length soon. and this makes me that much eager to get it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos