AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat: Nightmare of You

Posted by - 06:06 PM on 07/30/09
Update: Sorry guys, due to technical difficulties the Nightmare of You chat will be rescheduled. We'll let you know when.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
06:11 PM on 07/30/09
evilchino
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not like it matters i guess... but i was so totally listening to the movielife on my way to class today
06:12 PM on 07/30/09
Heart-A-Tact
User Info.
Saw you guys with Alk3 and Saves the Day in Orlando not too long ago. Great, great show. Your drummer gets into it. Keep it going.
06:12 PM on 07/30/09
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Man it's lonely in here...

I saw you guys last year with Edison Glass and this year with Alk3 and Saves The Day. You guys always put on a hell of a show. Thanks for being a band.
06:13 PM on 07/30/09
foreversleeper
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I only have one question, and it is quite strange but a while ago I decided to reverse "Heaven Runs on Oil" using my computer, and found many hidden messages (backmasking) and I was just wondering if it was intentional? It seems as though it is but I have just always wondered and have unfortunately never gotten the chance to ask you in person.

The messages are as such (from what my brother and I have been able to interpret):

I'm here beside you, boy (it sounds like "If you only knew" after that but I'm unsure)
You're the yesman (or possibly "Who is the yesman?")
Here lies the martyr
Where is god?
Everyone here is damned
Stare at the tilted medley
Heroes, heroes, no are we.
Every milita is this

If this was intentional, can you tell me if I'm missing any messages? or correct ones I might've gotten wrong? :D

Thanks so much for doing this chat, btw. I am a humoungus fan of NOY so I really appreciate it. :)
06:14 PM on 07/30/09
Jordachejeans91
User Info.
Biggest Influences??
06:15 PM on 07/30/09
nostalgia
User Info.
What are some of your current favorite bands/albums/songs?
06:15 PM on 07/30/09
LilRyan732
Token Blackie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sup dudes. Missed your show at The Boot in Norfolk the other night, but caught you guys opening for Alkaline Trio and Saves The Day at The Norva earlier this year and it was amazing. I was probably one of three dudes who actually knew your shit, but I'm glad you guys still played with much enthusiasm.
06:16 PM on 07/30/09
emosideproject
June leaves too soon.
User Info.
this one time i hugged brandon.
i could tell he was kind of freaked out...

anyway,
you were definitely awesome live.
06:16 PM on 07/30/09
handsomedreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I Have Been Told That Nightmare Of You Are Having Technical Difficulties Logging Into The Chat. Hopefully The Ap.net Staff Sorts This Out As The Band Is Logged In And Waiting To Reply When Granted Access.
06:18 PM on 07/30/09
TheBestBet
Toph
User Info.
Mike is it true that Everclear is like your most favorite band like evers?

Like seriously Everclear/3EB > The Smiths.
06:18 PM on 07/30/09
sofaraway
We're so far away.
User Info.
I listened to the two tracks from Infomaniac on myspace, and they sound great! How do you guys think you've grown from both your self-titled LP and Bang! ?

You played at Saint Joseph's University and signed my CD after the show. You're incredible, and one of the hardest working band's I've ever seen.
06:19 PM on 07/30/09
hiya
User Info.
hey. I saw the article on you guys in Newsday the other day. pretty cool you got featured in there, I was surprised. Looking forward to the new album, and hopefully going to the show saturday. any plans to release a music video?
06:20 PM on 07/30/09
romantic rights
User Info.
I will apologize in advance to Brandon for any rude users who make snarky remarks about him preventing the movielife from reuniting or whatever it is they say.

I haven't heard much from you guys lately, but I completely love your first album. Exciting to hear what you've done with your second album.
06:22 PM on 07/30/09
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Who wrote the lyrics to this new album? Lines like "and it feels like I've been hit by a motorbike" might come across as awkward to some people. Is that what you were aiming for?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos