Password

Album Review
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning Album Cover

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning

Reviewed by
Bright Eyes-I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
Record Label: Saddle Creek Records
Release Date: January 25, 2005
This review is a user submitted review from chelseaxsmilexD. You can see all of chelseaxsmilexD's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 49
06:57 PM on 08/10/09
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
I still have yet to listen to Bright Eyes, I'll have to look into this.
07:00 PM on 08/10/09
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
fuck you this is one of the best albums of the decade
07:11 PM on 08/10/09
Uwe Blab
DANGER ZONE!
User Info.
I don't know how the lyrics or lasting value got less than an 8.
08:51 PM on 08/10/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
What a fucking retard. You have bad taste in music if your enjoy generic scenecore more than this phenomenal album.
You're referencing the author? It says five comments but I only see four, so Idk whether one got deleted or not.
09:50 PM on 08/10/09
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
the fuckkkkkkk? how is this album not above an 85? i don't even like Bright Eyes that much, and i know this is one of the greatest albums of the past ten years. the lyrics being below an 8.5 is just a crime.
09:51 PM on 08/10/09
BalancingacT
...ladies
User Info.
I have to say that's the first time I've heard Bright Eyes labeled as metal. And I guarantee the last.
09:59 PM on 08/10/09
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
okay. my first comment, i just looked at the ratings. but the second time, i actually read the review. and you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. comparing Bright Eyes to Number Twelve Looks Like You or the Blood Brothers is absolutely ludicrous, and i still have yet to see any political lyrics in "At the Bottom of Everything" let alone lyrics that "are so left wing, they'd make Pelosi blush."

my advice? keep on reviewing your metalcore bands and stay out of the indie folk.
12:08 AM on 08/11/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
He tried so hard to make this sound like See You Next Tuesday didn't he? I hear his account was banned for like a week and now he's back. Why?!?!?!?!?!?! I live in the same town as that pretentious douche... he attempted to key my car for saying BMTH licked goat ass a while back. Fortunately I caught him before he could touch his keys to my car.
12:12 AM on 08/11/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
okay. my first comment, i just looked at the ratings. but the second time, i actually read the review. and you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. comparing Bright Eyes to Number Twelve Looks Like You or the Blood Brothers is absolutely ludicrous, and i still have yet to see any political lyrics in "At the Bottom of Everything" let alone lyrics that "are so left wing, they'd make Pelosi blush."

my advice? keep on reviewing your metalcore bands and stay out of the indie folk.
If you read carfully, he's contrasting the three... so... that kinda discredited your post. And when I'm a neautral party for this assface, it means something's not right....HOLY SHIT I MUST HAVE BEEN CASTRATED!!!
12:15 AM on 08/11/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
Jeremy!!! Did youaccept this? Either that or Blake because he's jsut cynical enough to know this would get shit on for it's (yes, it is) blasphemy but not too cynical to accept something like "WOOO!!! Attack Attacxxxkxxkxkx rulexxzzzxzxzxzxzxzxzxz meehehehehehhhhh beyyttchesss... They'zeee beezinnggg sohohohohohoooox xorigiNALx withhhzzzssh the wayZ ThEY COmbinE screamoozozzozozozoz and TEKKKNOXXXZZZ TOGEther To MAKe ShitTY musiczzxzzxzxz"
01:03 AM on 08/11/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Quote:
While the album brings in some indie-pop and even some metal flavor, it doesn't scream originality the way Fear Before the March of Flames, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, or even The Blood Brothers do/did

Bright Eyes doesn't bring any metal flavor. Also,

Bright Eyes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>The Number Twelve, Blood Brothers, and Fear Before (BE is not only better musically but far more original and creative).

Conor's easily one of the best lyricists in music, this album's one of his strongest lyrically, I'd probably have scored it a 9.
02:39 AM on 08/11/09
Piss
Oh Noes!
User Info.

why are you in the author's friend list?
07:10 AM on 08/11/09
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
"...his extremely left-wing political views ..."

I wouldn't call his views necessarily extreme left-wing ... maybe just "humanist."

Extreme views, I'll send you some Jello Biafra or some Propaghandi.
11:07 AM on 08/11/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
what a turd burglar. You should have beat his ass. I don't care how much you dislike somebody who don't key peoples cars. It's just so damn low
Unfortuantely he's the fastest shit ever. I tried getting him in trouble for it, but I couldn't because he didn't actually do anything. He claims that he was jsut gonna taunt me, but considering that he hangs out with (look up Dot Dot Curve on the interent, and then add 3 scene points and he's the finished product) every "BadAsszzz" scene kid ever who thinks calling people who hate ADTR posers, I highly doubt he was telling the truth. People like him sicken me to no end.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos