AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 83 of 83
05:26 PM on 08/05/09
pianorocklove
User Info.
I found this album to be incredibly disappointing. I love the older stuff (especially the Bang ep), but after one listen to Infomaniac I have no desire to listen to it again.
06:42 AM on 08/10/09
infomaniac
There's no escaping the glow.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When I first heard this album I was really disappointed but after giving it a few listens I'm in love with it.

The last 30 seconds of Experimental Bed are stunning but my favourite track has to be Amsterdam. I like Hey, Sweetheart also but I've heard it so many times over the past few years that I'm getting bored of it now that it has been officially released.

Good album with a nice variety of tracks and some amazing lyrics.
05:41 PM on 08/12/09
ohitsmark
www.markvphotos.com
User Info.
"Please Don't Answer Me" was also a previous demo along with "Hey Sweetheart", which used to be called "I'd Dodge A Bullet For You".

Those were written when they first got together and were a three piece. Brandon on guitar/vocals, Joe on guitar, and Phil (from The Movielife) on bass. It was a part of a demo EP.
07:47 PM on 08/12/09
iam1bearcat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually love this record, with the exxception of "gavi" which comes off to me as a little creepy. It's not nearly as catchy as their self-titled debut, it is slower and more "indie" sounding than what they have already released, but I really like it. After a few listens I was really into it. But right away some tracks stuck out ("Someday But Not Today", "Amsterdam" and "Please Don't Answer Me") stuck out to me as soon to be fan favorites.
07:35 AM on 08/28/09
VickieWire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I largely agree with this review, but just so you know, the "It feels like I've been hit by a motorbike" lyric is not in Tell Me When It's Over, it's in Please Don't Answer Me, which is a pretty fundamental mistake to make when you're recommending one and trashing the other based on lyrical quality. It's hard to take an otherwise well written review seriously if it's full of glaring factual errors.
05:04 PM on 08/30/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I largely agree with this review, but just so you know, the "It feels like I've been hit by a motorbike" lyric is not in Tell Me When It's Over, it's in Please Don't Answer Me, which is a pretty fundamental mistake to make when you're recommending one and trashing the other based on lyrical quality. It's hard to take an otherwise well written review seriously if it's full of glaring factual errors.
If you can find any other "glaring factual errors," bring them to my attention, otherwise, stop being a hater. And I realize the mistake about the motorbike lyric, it was brought to my attention, earlier in the thread. Thanks though.
07:19 AM on 10/09/09
mydreamrewrite
I'LL MAKE YOU COME DIAMONDS
User Info.
Sophomore THUMP. Two months after release, there is exactly one review on amazon.com.
07:27 AM on 10/09/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Sophomore THUMP. Two months after release, there is exactly one review on amazon.com.
Oh, snap! Nice find, and I love that line "sophomore thump." Solid, dude. That was witty.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos