Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Weekly Nostalgia: Vendetta Red

Posted by: Gregory Robson (08/05/09)
In a day when crunkcore and neon seems to be far too commonplace, pausing to remember Seattle, WA's Vendetta Red seems utterly necessary. Emerging onto the mainstream music scene with their impressive, rage-filled major-label breakthrough Between the Never and Now, Vendetta Red managed to mix melody and radio-friendly choruses with daunting sonic heights. Lead singer Zach Davidson's captivating vocals and clever wordplay were the perfect complement to snarly guitars and bombastic drums. Though it's been six years since lead single "Shatterday" was relative on radio, not a month goes by the song doesn't make it onto my iTunes playlist. Even to this day, few songs have as strong a chorus or gravitational pull as "Shatterday," which was one of a handful of good songs on the Jerry Finn-produced Between the Never and Now. The band went on to record 2005's Sisters of the Red Death, but the album never gained the acclaim or mass appeal of Never and Now, and the band disbanded in 2006. Thankfully all of the band members are still making music in various other forms to this day. If you were a big fan, wed love to hear your recollections of the band in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 127
05:38 AM on 08/05/09
anamericangod
User Info.
I fucking love this song to pieces. So much emotion in this. The chorus is straight up sick. Would have loved to see these guys live.

05:40 AM on 08/05/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Vendetta Red was so so so so so so so so so so good. Their last album was excellent and one of the most overlooked albums to come out in the scene.
05:41 AM on 08/05/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Vendetta Red was so so so so so so so so so so good. Their last album was excellent and one of the most overlooked albums to come out in the scene.
Yeah, they were pretty incredible. And my god what a live show. I miss them so so so so so badly.
05:42 AM on 08/05/09
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
This is truly one of the most underrated bands ever. So fucking good. I had to search high and low online to finally get a copy of Blackout Analysis and White Knuckled Substance (Between The Never And The Now is more of a "best of" their first two albums). I have Sisters Of The Red Death on white vinyl and I love it to death.
05:44 AM on 08/05/09
brighter_lights
User Info.
"Shatterday"
05:48 AM on 08/05/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Truth. Sisters of the Red Death was a really solid record.
05:48 AM on 08/05/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I fucking love this song to pieces. So much emotion in this. The chorus is straight up sick. Would have loved to see these guys live.

You missed out...they killed it live.
05:49 AM on 08/05/09
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
"Silhouette Serenade" should've gotten them huge
05:50 AM on 08/05/09
anamericangod
User Info.
You missed out...they killed it live.
Yeah man, you're telling me. I've been in love with that song since the first time I heard it, but I never got a chance to see them do a show.
05:53 AM on 08/05/09
sleepypunk1111
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember every single music publication creaming themselves over this band and every other band that cited At The Drive In as a "big influence"

Whenever a band gets major label attention without a REAL grass roots fan base, their careers don't last.

OH and how did they attract major label attention you ask?

They had investors and backers basically paying for their lives and shopping them around to labels in order to guarantee a return on their investment.

I guess one was gullible and greedy enough to take a chance.

Its situations like these that keep used cd stores bargain section fully stocked.
05:57 AM on 08/05/09
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
fav lyric by them:

sing children sing it to the sun
struck down I hate what you've become
your comet catcher conned you baby
straight down you'll plummet to the earth

I get this stuck in my head ALL the time.
06:03 AM on 08/05/09
princesschad
sowing season
User Info.
I remember them from a few years ago, used to listen to them a lot.
06:14 AM on 08/05/09
perceptrons
[ ]
User Info.
I remember hearing a couple of their songs way back when, but never got any of their albums. Maybe I'll check out them out, I enjoyed the song in that video.
06:14 AM on 08/05/09
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
This feature is one of my favorites on the website.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests