Password

Album Review

The Brobecks - Violent Things Album Cover

The Brobecks - Violent Things

Reviewed by
The Brobecks - Violent Things
Release Date: May 14, 2009
Record Label: Unsigned
This review is a user submitted review from Klatzke. You can see all of Klatzke's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
07:49 PM on 08/19/09
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
Your track list seems to be a little off because Goodnight Socialite isn't the opener but anyway, not important.

Good review, I love this album so much, Dallon has so many more interesting things to offer than his counterparts.
01:01 AM on 08/20/09
stepps
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree that this is an album for all occasions. I especially love Dallon's lyrics... they remind me of the quirky satire that Ludo has in their songs. And yeah, it fits right in with Panic!s Fever, or Ludo's albums too.
03:41 PM on 08/20/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Your track list seems to be a little off because Goodnight Socialite isn't the opener but anyway, not important.

Good review, I love this album so much, Dallon has so many more interesting things to offer than his counterparts.
I got a burnt copy so apparently they burned it out that way
06:21 PM on 08/21/09
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
great, great, great album.
11:28 AM on 08/22/09
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
wait a second, your burnt album is different. the release on iTunes has second boys will be first choice (single version,) which is identical to the one released on the Small Cuts EP with slightly cleaned up production. is yours the actual awesome album version produced by casey with the heavy orchestration? if so, I am mega jealous.

edit: I found this version after intensive googling (read - looking through every last page on google that mentions The Brobecks for half an hour). All Brobecks fans need to cop this shit. Right now.

http://www.sellthelie.com/?q=node/168

edit2: Inserted this mp3 into my album, sounds a little unmastered compared to the rest of the CD, but I'm down with that, just a little nitpicking. just hope this will be available on physical copies.
04:46 PM on 08/22/09
thehereaway
snickers at the swine flu
User Info.
These guys are great. Agree with the Panic comparisons, i would have thrown The Dear Hunter somewhere in that RIYL, though.
06:36 PM on 09/05/09
kimmy_tsoaf
User Info.
These guys are great. Agree with the Panic comparisons, i would have thrown The Dear Hunter somewhere in that RIYL, though.
yup. Maybe give a little credit to the ones who produced this album might've been good too.

good review though! "Violent Things" is currently my replay album right now. [:
can't get enough of it.
07:50 PM on 09/24/09
Deezlink
User Info.
This reminds me of Phantom Planet a lot. Kind of like their first and fourth albums. They are really awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos