Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
09:43 AM on 08/19/09
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I find it troubling that anyone would use the word "post-hardcore" to describe this band.
I agree with that, but it's seriously the sound they were trying to pull off. Or at least, that's how it seemed to me. I'm not sure what else I could call it.
09:54 AM on 08/20/09
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For Today and The Great Comission aren't post-hardcore either so I don't think you should be talking as if you know the genre.

I'm just going to come out and say this: Sometimes you just have to listen to things for what they are and for what Breathe Carolina and their record are, it's not so bad. Sure they use far too much auto-tune than anybody should(though there are far worse abusers) and the screaming is just thrown in there, but it's really not all that bad.
This is probably why I like the genre to a certain extent.
10:43 PM on 08/21/09
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by Trashcore
I had trouble reading anything after you admitted to enjoying W!TG. What redeemable factor do you find in them? Between jordans terrible screaming and annoying singing, and josh' mundane guitar playing, I can't find anything enjoyable. They aren't even that catchy. It's obvious they're trying their damndest to fit into that catchy genre, but they fall about a football field short.

Jordan can't really hold a note (and I'm pretty sure Josh is the screamer, but I could be wrong) and they aren't super amazing, but I just find them better than Breathe Carolina, maybe because they were the first band in the genre that I actually liked. I can't be sure, for some reason. They just appealed to me in someway. It might be their lyrics.

Originally Posted by npmshah
While i agree with your opinion on this album, i couldnt really get into your writing style. It seemed so informal. You used personal pronouns without a clear reason, mainly.

I can work on that, but it's the most natural for me.
06:02 PM on 08/22/09
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the criticism. I appreciate it.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests