handlikesecret
inverted-album-art.tumblr.com
User Info.
now now, don't lose your temper.
02:57 PM on 08/21/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
No, you can't. For Today is straight up metalcore and The Great Comission is more along the lines of deathcore. Not really close to post-hardcore.
Whatever. What about, Hot Cross, Blood Brothers, andddd.... early FBTMOF.
02:58 PM on 08/21/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
Grawwwrrrrrrruicallllcryyaaaaiiiiii eeeeeoooooooo
02:59 PM on 08/21/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Don't worry, he copied that from me.
03:36 PM on 08/21/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
i think i can consider them p.h. if sksk can be...
sksk maybe, but for today and the great commission are nothing near post hardcore.
04:10 PM on 08/21/09
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
Whatever. What about, Hot Cross, Blood Brothers, andddd.... early FBTMOF.
I had trouble reading anything after you admitted to enjoying W!TG. What redeemable factor do you find in them? Between jordans terrible screaming and annoying singing, and josh' mundane guitar playing, I can't find anything enjoyable. They aren't even that catchy. It's obvious they're trying their damndest to fit into that catchy genre, but they fall about a football field short.
08:11 PM on 08/21/09
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
i love this cd, it's at least baby steps in the right directions for them
09:36 PM on 08/21/09
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
While i agree with your opinion on this album, i couldnt really get into your writing style. It seemed so informal. You used personal pronouns without a clear reason, mainly.
10:43 PM on 08/21/09
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by Trashcore
I had trouble reading anything after you admitted to enjoying W!TG. What redeemable factor do you find in them? Between jordans terrible screaming and annoying singing, and josh' mundane guitar playing, I can't find anything enjoyable. They aren't even that catchy. It's obvious they're trying their damndest to fit into that catchy genre, but they fall about a football field short.

Jordan can't really hold a note (and I'm pretty sure Josh is the screamer, but I could be wrong) and they aren't super amazing, but I just find them better than Breathe Carolina, maybe because they were the first band in the genre that I actually liked. I can't be sure, for some reason. They just appealed to me in someway. It might be their lyrics.

Originally Posted by npmshah
While i agree with your opinion on this album, i couldnt really get into your writing style. It seemed so informal. You used personal pronouns without a clear reason, mainly.

I can work on that, but it's the most natural for me.
11:09 AM on 08/22/09
Iwudstilldie4u
UCSD's AP.net liaison
User Info.
My thoughts exactly. I'm glad you (lemontie) gave this album a fair review, but your writing could use work.
12:06 PM on 08/22/09
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
Jordan can't really hold a note (and I'm pretty sure Josh is the screamer, but I could be wrong) and they aren't super amazing, but I just find them better than Breathe Carolina, maybe because they were the first band in the genre that I actually liked. I can't be sure, for some reason. They just appealed to me in someway. It might be their lyrics.

I can work on that, but it's the most natural for me.
that's good. Try to break out of your natural habit. Avoid use of personal pronouns unless you are sharing a personal anecdote that ties into the review (example: cleverly comparing the album to a personal experience of yours).
06:02 PM on 08/22/09
lemontie
Games Round-up Creator
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the criticism. I appreciate it.
04:53 PM on 08/23/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A joke.
06:08 PM on 08/24/09
foolishdrew
Oh, Glory
User Info.
Thank you for actually writing a legitimate review of this album instead of just bashing it.
02:56 PM on 08/25/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
I don't like W!TG. What the hell are you talking about?
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums