Username
Password
Entertainment News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Entertainment
Inside AP.net

Weekly Entertainment Article (03/31/06)

Posted by: Trainsaw (03/31/06)
Hey whats up everyone. Hope the week has been pretty good, have a dope weekend. Here's the update, enjoy.

News and Rumors:

Looks like Arrested Development is done for...Mitch Hurwitz, creator, has decided to leave the show. The tentative deal between AD and Showtime was supposed to be for two seasons of 12 episodes on the condition that Hurwitz returns. Since Hurwitz has dropped out it does not appear that deal will go through.

News about the role of The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel has died down a bit but as it stands right now Lachy Hulme is rumored to be the front runner for the role.

Tom Hanks is rumored to star in the Gus Van Sant directed "How Starbucks Saved my Life". The movie is about a 60-year old man who lost his job because of downsizing and began working at Starbucks which gave his life new purpose.

James Gunn, director of Slither, is working on a movie about Satan its working title is "Scratch"

Jackass 2, has a release date of Sept 22nd 2006. No word if anyone from the original cast isn't returning.

The Robert Rodriguez/Quentin Tarantino horror "Grindhouse" has Josh Brolin, Danny Trejo and Tom Savini starring in Rodriguez's half "Project Terror" which is a zombie type flick. Tarantino's half "Death Proof" has Mickey Rourke and Zoe Bell starring. The movie opens Dec 1st.

Oceans 13 is gonna happen. Everyone will be coming back minus Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta Jones. No word on who the 13th member will be but its rumored to be J-Lo.

Frank Miller confirmed that all the Old Town Gang will be returning in the Sin City sequel.

John Travolta is rumored to play Thor in the upcoming comic book adaptation.

John Malkovich and Thomas Jane will star in "The Mutant Chronicles". Malkovich who plays Constantine, heads council of four corporation owned nations that have depleted Earth's natural resources. When an army of the NecroMutants wage a battle against humans for what is left on earth, Constantine is tempted to destroy the planet and evacuate some of its people rather than allow it to be over ran.

Peter Jackson will be making the screen adaptation of "The Lovely Bones" based off of Alice Sebold's novel.

Robert Englund (Freddy Kruger) is going to be directing the horror comedy "Killer Pad" about three friends who use insurance money to move out of their parents houses and move into a haunted place in Hollywood Hills.

Ben Stiller's next project will be "Wave", right now he's only producing but its very possible he will be starring as well. The movie is about a surfer who suffers a tragic wipe out only to return to surfing to save an old surf spot from being destroyed.

The Jack Black comedy "Nacho Libre" has been pushed back until June 16th

Matthew Fox and Dennis Quaid are close to signing on for "Vantage Point", a thriller that looks at the assination of the President from five different people. Both are playing secret service agents.

Superman Returns will be the first live action movie converted from 2D to 3D on IMAX. Only select sequences will be in 3D however.

Will Smith will star as Hancock, in "Tonight He Comes" a super hero-type flick.

Peter Dinklage is going to play the evil scientist Simon Barsinister in the live action remake of the 1960's cartoon "Underdog".

A Michael Hutchence, the former INXS singer, biopic is being planned.

Robin Williams and Mandy Moore will star in "License to Wed". Which is about a young couple about to wed who must go through a two week pre-nup course before their minister (Williams) will allow them to wed.

Christopher Walken will play a ping pong loving crime lord named Fang in "Balls of Fire" written by Reno 911's Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant (Dangle and Junior). In the movie, the CIA gets the help of Dan Folger's character, a washed up ping pong player, to join a tournament held in Fang's lair to bring down the crime kingpin.

Nicole Kidman is looking to star in her own Bourne Identity type spy thriller. The movie is still untitled.

Bruce Willis is going to be pretty busy in the future. A sequel to 16 blocks and Die Hard 4 are being written. Reginald VelJohnson (Carl Winslow) is possibly going to be brought back for the Die Hard sequel.

Prison Break has been renewed for another season.

There will be a Puss in Boots spinoff movie from the character in the Shrek movies. Its going to be titled "Puss in Boots: The Story of an Ogre Killer.". Which takes place sometime between the 3rd and the 4th Shrek movies.

Shia LaBeouf is negotiating to star in the upcoming Transformers movie.

Marylin Manson will have is debut at directing with the upcoming "PHANTASMAGORIA: THE VISIONS OF LEWIS CARROLL". The movie centers around a man who is obsessed with a girl named Alice, his nightmares lead him into his own horrifying type of Wonderland.

Zach Snyder is in negotiations to direct the comic book adaptation of "The Watchmen"

Burt Reynolds and Bret Harrison will star in "Gil Cates Jr." Reynolds will star as an ex-gambler who tries to teach Harrison the ropes of poker. After the two have a falling out they find themselves facing each other in the World Poker Championship.

Enjoy the UMD movies while you have them, stores are looking to start cutting down the amount they keep on shelves and some studios are going to stop putting movies out on UMD.

Movies Out This Week 3/31:

ICE AGE 2: THE MELTDOWN
Diego (Denis Leary), Manny (Ray Romano) and Sid (John Leguizamo) return in this sequel to the hit Ice Age. This time around the Ice Age is over and is starting to melt, which will destroy their valley. So they must unite and warn everyone about the situation.

SLITHER
Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Banks, and Michael Rooker star in a sci-fi horror pic about a small town taken over by an alien plague, turning residents into zombies and all forms of mutant monsters.

ATL
As four friends prepare for life after high school, different challenges bring about turning points in each of their lives. The dramas unfold and resolve at their local rollerskating rink, "Jellybeans".

BASIC INSTINCT 2: Risk Addiction
Once again in trouble with the law, novelist Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone) is appointed a criminal psychiatrist (David Morrissey) by Scotland Yard. The doctor is then lured into a seductive game.

BRICK
Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a teenage loner who pushes his way into the underworld of a high school crime ring to investigate the disappearance of his ex-girlfriend.

AWESOME; I FUCKIN' SHOT THAT!
A live performance shot by audience members at a 2004 Beastie Boys concert at Madison Square Garden.

Marilyn Hotchkiss'
BALLROOM DANCING & CHARM SCHOOL
A widowed man's (Robert Carlyle) life turns upside down when he embarks on a journey to find a dying man's long lost love ... ballroom dancing!

summaries from themoviebox.net

DVD News:

DVD's out this week:

King Kong
Memoirs of a Geisha
Stay
Masters of Horror: John Carpenter: Cigarette Burns
Masters of Horror: Stuart Gordon - Dreams in the Witch House
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
A Sound of Thunder
The Triangle
Six Feet Under Season 5
The Andy Milonakis Show Season 1
Wonder Shozen Season 1
Robot Chicken Season 1
X-Files Season 4,5,6
Dog the Bounty Hunter Best of Season 2
Northen Exposure Season 4
Quantum Leap Season 4

Announced DVD release Dates:

Dirty: April 4th
Rescue Me Season 2: May 9th
Winter Passing: May 16th
Platoon CE: May 30th
Dumbo SE: June 6th
Home Improvement Season 4: June 6th
Underworld Evolution: June 6th
Farewell to the King: June 6th
Black Hawk Down Extended Cut: June 6th
The Fast and the Furious Collection: June 6th
Firewall: June 6th
A Perfect Fit: June 6th
Glory Road: June 6th
Running Scared: June 6th
The Missing: June 6th
Syriana: June 20th
Annapolis: June 27th
Adventures of Brisco County, JR: July 18th

Trailers:

Guys and Balls

Mission Impossible 3 (Trailer 4)

United 93

Flicka

Poseidon (Trailer 3)

An American Haunting

Over the Hedge

American Gun

Stoned

Roving Mars

Goal

Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties

Review:

Slade has a review of Inside Man up now.

Thanks it for this week guys, my girlfriend is dragging me to go see Ice Age 2. I will reclaim my balls later.

sources: themoviebox.net, darkhorizons.com, joblo.com, cinemablend.com, yahoo.com, dvdactive.com

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 58
10:48 AM on 03/31/06
gengen
Listen To Saves The Day
User Info.
Puss In Boots!
10:49 AM on 03/31/06
dontgrabtindy
Charles In Charge
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
nicely done thank you
10:49 AM on 03/31/06
fedhed7
Chickens don't clap!
User Info.
Sweet update, Brandon.

Edit: I can't wait for 3D Superman!!
10:51 AM on 03/31/06
VGB
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Quantum Leap season 4...score!
10:52 AM on 03/31/06
Stephie
I rock. That's All.
User Info.
That makes me sad about Arrested Development. It was a great show. I just got the first two seasons on DVD though, so I guess that will have to do.
logalog
Oh wait your wife is dead
User Info.
[quote=Robin Williams and Mandy Moore will star in "License to Wed". Which is about a young couple about to wed who must go through a two week pre-nup course before their minister (Williams) will allow them to wed.[/QUOTE]

If Robin Williams is young, then Tobias Funke is straight
shane hennessey
www.itakebandphotos.com
User Info.
the super hero movie fad is so lame
11:05 AM on 03/31/06
lesto17
User Info.
Originally Posted by logalog

Robin Williams is playing the minister, not the other half of the young couple.
11:05 AM on 03/31/06
FatJordan
Fat is Fashionable
User Info.
Still the best article written for the site...granted it's just a weekly roundup of all the news stories...it's fantastic.

I can't believe that Jackass 2 news...how could they make a Jackass movie without the original cast? That would be AWFUL.
11:06 AM on 03/31/06
LeftWideOpen
not another brick in the wall.
User Info.
the starbucks movie sounds like it could be great considering tom hanks and gus van sant are both incredible.
11:06 AM on 03/31/06
lesto17
User Info.
Originally Posted by CloseYetFar
Robin Williams is playing the minister..he's not in the couple.

Beat me to it.
11:07 AM on 03/31/06
Brownpants06
Canuck
User Info.
Let die hard... die.

Stop making superhero movies.

Make another bourne identity, without nicole kidman. (i loved those two movies)

stop making ocean movies, especially without original cast

how many batman movies before we get back to where it started with the original movie? sequel to a prequel of a series of a sequel about a prequel?
11:07 AM on 03/31/06
littlecletus
eat my comma
User Info.
Originally Posted by Brandon Trainer
Bruce Willis is going to be pretty busy in the future. A sequel to 16 blocks and Die Hard 4 are being written. Reginald VelJohnson (Carl Winslow) is possibly going to be brought back for the Die Hard sequel.

hahhaa...carl winslow...funny how thats the only name anyone knows him by.
11:08 AM on 03/31/06
ranoa513
Been Here A While
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by logalog

Williams is going to be the minister, not Mandy Moore's husband.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests