AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: No, Really! - 08.15.09

No, Really! - 08.15.09

Interviewed by
No, Really! - 08.15.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

No, Really! -(Rob) [myspace] [ap.net profile]

1. How did you get your band name?
(Rob) Well, when I was approached to sing for the band, Chris, John and Brandon had already picked out the band name. It's not at all meant to be taken serious or have people say "wow, look at that clever name!!!!!". In fact, it's just to say "What does a name really have to do with the music?". Our music most certainly doesn't appeal to everyone, but many who checked it out, and not immediately judged us based on our name, have enjoyed what they've heard.

2. How did this band get started?
(Rob) The band got started when Chris, Jon and Brandon started getting together and writing. I was hesitant at first when approached by Brandon, but ultimately, I had just left my previous band and was still itching for music, so I said yes. After I joined the band I put the pressure on my best friend, Dan to jump in and fill our vacant bass player position. That is the No, Really! who started and is still going strong to date.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
(Rob) I can't speak for everyone, but I know one main, huge influence on this band is Gatsby's American Dream. We all have different influence, though, and I feel like that is what gives us a certain sound that can't be pinpointed in a matter of seconds in listening to a song of ours. We just mesh well.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
(Rob) I can't answer for anyone else on this question either, but, if I had to choose...I'd have to say Gatsby's American Dream, House of Heroes, Relient K, The Weakerthans, The Format or Saves The Day. I mean, in reality though, I'd love for our band to get big enough to headline a tour so that we could take our good friends out. That would be my dream tour.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
(Rob) Rascal

6. Why should people listen to your band?
(Rob) Obviously people shouldn't because of the name, right? Well, if you can make it past that, then you should listen to it because we have so much to offer. I could guarantee no matter what type of music you're into, you'll find something in our music that you will love. There is just so much possiblity in music and I feel like we did a great job of exploiting much of that and then taking it to the next level.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
(Rob) Probably none of our songs right now. I want us to write a fast song first.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
(Rob) I'd thank myself and the guys I mess around with.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
(Rob) Kanye West.

10. Memorable tour experience?
(Rob) Making Brandon like country music.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
(Rob) absolutepunk.net, right?

12. What is your favorite song to play?
(Rob) I love playing all 3 new songs we've been playing. I'm really excited for more people to hear these new songs!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
(Rob) On our last tour I grew extremely fond of Chicago. I think that is my new vacation spot of choice, although I'm very broke and probably won't ever visit.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
(Rob) Country music. I grew up on it and still love it!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
(Rob) To be a jedi. Because I believe I have the ability to harness the force.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
(Rob) I feel like every band has made it. As long as you're playing music and people are listening, you've made it. Whether they hate you or love you, they listened, and that's the best feeling in the world.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
(Rob) I'm currently enrolled in school studying to become an architecht.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
(Rob) Thanksgiving, because I love feasting on meat and gravy.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
(Rob) I love to play hockey, although I haven't played much this summer. Ii love playing so much and I need to more!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
(Rob) I can disappear...

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
07:49 AM on 08/20/09
applesandcyanid
Trollin' Absolutepunk.
User Info.
Awesome band. Definitely hope to catch them live asap! By the way, I also wish to be a jedi.
07:52 AM on 08/20/09
noreasonwhy
nothing to lose.
User Info.
loved the ep, can't wait for more!
08:31 AM on 08/20/09
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
Gatsby's American Dream!!

Anyways, Rob seems like a cool dude. I really like the meaning about the band name. Makes a lot of sense. I hope to see these dudes someday.
09:42 AM on 08/20/09
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rob is a cool dude, remember him from bands years and years ago. Wish these guys all the luck in the world
10:11 AM on 08/20/09
brianpaulie
User Info.
I really appreciate his answer on number 16.
11:30 AM on 08/20/09
Chris Immunity
Immunity Clothing
User Info.
<3
02:53 PM on 08/20/09
blackenedskylin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah these dudes are awsome! this is wayyyyy better then the what happened in vegas interview.....a real band doing what they love to do.
05:22 PM on 08/20/09
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
this band is neat.
09:06 PM on 08/20/09
Durge
User Info.
No, Really! SUX
11:07 PM on 09/04/09
tomek88
User Info.
No Avatar Selected