Username
Password
TV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
TV
Inside AP.net

The New Tragic Post New Video / Add Bassist

Posted by: Pat Marquez (04/08/06)
The New Tragic, featuring former From First To Last singer Phil Reardon and Dallas Taylor of Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster and Underoath fame, have posted the video for "A Half Cocked Smile And Two Guns Blazin'." You can check out the video on the band's Myspace page. The video was directed by Kevin Maistros @ The Squad. The New Tragic recently added Don Arthur from Cute Is What We Aim For to the line-up on bass. The New Tragic are currently busy writing their debut album, which will be released through an as-yet-determined label.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 66
04:20 PM on 04/08/06
robhimself
houdinilogic
User Info.
the kid with the hoody looks somewhat homosexual to me. but good song and nice video.
04:32 PM on 04/08/06
Criesofthepast7
oh word?
User Info.
Originally Posted by robhimself
the kid with the hoody looks somewhat homosexual to me. but good song and nice video.

haha.
04:57 PM on 04/08/06
whitelines
73-9
User Info.
just as bad as FFTL
04:58 PM on 04/08/06
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
Not too bad...I like bands with multiple vocalists. Does this Phil Reardon remind anyone else of Spencer from Underoath when he screams? And he somewhat reminds me of the A Static Lullaby singer when he sings. And I find it interesting that Dallas Taylor is on keyboards now...he didn't seem to have very much vocal output in the song.
05:02 PM on 04/08/06
Shakedown2Nite
Jayme Barkdoll
User Info.
actually, dallas has quite a bit of vocal output on this song.
05:07 PM on 04/08/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
I'm pretty sure Dallas will be doing tons of vocals.
05:11 PM on 04/08/06
BrokenWindow
ALWAYS
User Info.
I like how on Phil's myspace page, it says that he is the singer in From First To Last. Thought that was funny.
05:14 PM on 04/08/06
iHATEapril
Welcome, Ghosts.
User Info.
So many of the parts that phil is screamin, I thought were Dallas. It sounds distinctly like him, so I don't know. This is a bit weird.
05:32 PM on 04/08/06
ramblinger
...is on the diving board
User Info.
i still think that this song in particular sounds like something off of underOath's TOCS. i have only heard a few songs, but i really hope they're a little bit different.

as for the video... chicks crawling all over the band in a limo? seriously? oh wait... is that still the rock n roll dream?

i had high hopes for this band.
05:34 PM on 04/08/06
Shakedown2Nite
Jayme Barkdoll
User Info.
i think alot of people are looking at who is being shown on the video during each scream... don't do this! if you notice, phil is singing every single part in the video! dallas is doing most of the screams in this song i do believe, however, someone with a bass guitar strapped around his neck isn't exactly the person you want to focus on in a video. i could be wrong, but dallas' scream is rather unique... would be tough for Phil to pull that off, plus he never screamed like this back in FFTL.
05:34 PM on 04/08/06
Sycro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by robhimself
the kid with the hoody looks somewhat homosexual to me.

Glad to know jackasses still exist.
05:35 PM on 04/08/06
kevinmaistros
Music Video Director
User Info.
They have similar voices. The rest of the material they've been working on is amazing. I really had a great time with these guys, and I think one thing that needs to be said here when people compare them to UnderOATH and From First to Last is that it's not like they're just old random members. These two were the founding leaders of both their bands, and were the creative minds behind the success of both ventures. So I would be surprised if you DIDN'T pick up on the similarities of both bands combined into this, because it's from the same people who made the others.

Not to say that they're stuff all sounds the same, but there are obvious similarities since they're from the same minds that started both fires.
05:35 PM on 04/08/06
do$$az
User Info.
I just want to know if anyone else thought the video is questionable (referring to the chicks) especially considering Dallas is married!!
05:45 PM on 04/08/06
ramblinger
...is on the diving board
User Info.
Originally Posted by do$$az
I just want to know if anyone else thought the video is questionable (referring to the chicks) especially considering Dallas is married!!

read what i posted before.

if it was supposed to be an "artsy, sarcastic take on the current state of gratuitously placed females in videos"... then they missed the mark.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests