AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To... Album Cover

Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To...

Reviewed by
Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence
Record Label: Roadrunner Records
Release Date: May 9, 2000
This review is a user submitted review from namel. You can see all of namel's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
09:43 AM on 08/29/09
JLegs
User Info.
Sounds promising, cheers.
09:15 PM on 08/29/09
Burn That Shit
a strange turn of events
User Info.
Lyrics getting a 9.75 is fucking ridiculous hahahaha, did Roadrunner records pay you to make this review?
02:33 PM on 08/30/09
glassjaw777
sparty on
User Info.
good review
02:09 PM on 08/31/09
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
As much as I love this album and as much as I respect you for reviewing it positively, the review is not really well written. You're going to annoy the reader with a track-by-track analysis of the album- if anything it just leads to an overly lengthy review.

For someone who's been listening to this album for a long time (since 2002 for me), to say that some tracks are damn awful, and to admit that you've only listened to one of the songs once is going to alienate fans. And it doesn't show that you're giving the album a thorough listen before the review. It also doesn't make sense how you can score in the 90's when you pick out almost 20% of the album as being terrible.

Anyway, I'm glad this album got a review from a user, but I could have been done a lot better.
11:41 AM on 09/01/09
hiddenjem
User Info.
This album was and still is amazing. and yes, the lyrics are amazing as well. I have so much respect for the way he writes and the music that was crafted that it has greatly influenced the way i listen to music today. I was forever changed after listening to this record and the brutal heart felt honesty that poured from it.
THANK YOU GLASSJAW.....even if the new album never comes out ;)
08:21 AM on 09/02/09
dancerazdance
http://youarerocksolid.tumblr.co m/
User Info.
this album is AMAZING.
11:56 PM on 09/04/09
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
this review sucks.
11:06 AM on 09/05/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
The review is lengthy and basically a track by track. You should have scored it some where between 80-85 after pointing out so many faults. With some editing and more focus (and less track by track) your reviews could improve a lot.
04:14 PM on 09/13/09
BobDylanismyman
OhShitIGotAHeadRush
User Info.
Im sorry i try to stay positive most of the time with everyone. This record changed music. Changed underground music which changed mainstream music. It was a defining moment in time. This review does no justice at all. I don't think there is anyway to describe this record, it must be experienced. It is emotion translated directly into music. You'll either love it or hate it, and that what makes it so amazing. For those that get, it is like feeling love. The lyrics are rediculously honest with no sugar coating whatsoever. If that's not "your thing" then this isn't for you. It might offend you or scare your pretty little world. Its authentic and passionate and one of the last honest records i can remember.
05:03 PM on 02/01/12
AaRoNpUnK
fuck the thrill of the chase.
User Info.
bad review for a brilliant record. without this band you wouldnt have, Stray From the Path, MCR or the Used (sadly).

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos