Username
Password

Album Review

The Short Stack - Stack Is The New Black Album Cover

The Short Stack - Stack Is The New Black

Reviewed by
Short Stack - Stack Is the New Black
Record Label: Sunday Morning Records
Release Date: August 14th, 2009 (Australia)
This review is a user submitted review from Akissforher. You can see all of Akissforher's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
11:48 PM on 09/01/09
birtcho
is...
User Info.
i just hate the way they look and act. the music isnt toooooooo bad
12:25 AM on 09/02/09
Nick_K99
User Info.
This band is fucking horrible!
12:30 AM on 09/02/09
bjm1702
User Info.
This band is fucking horrible!

Agreed and so is their clone hair cuts.
01:39 AM on 09/02/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
why have the changed it from 'short stack' to 'the short stack'? i wrote the damn thing.
03:17 AM on 09/02/09
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I have been visiting AP.net for a couple of years and never registered, until I saw this.
To say this band is a travesty insults a half-decent word; they are pure shit.
If you're into two chord (as in, maybe, A... and... let's see, D?) pop "rock" with lines like:
"your finger is on the trigger so say goodbye
(goodbye)
your finger is on the trigger so say good
shimmy shimmy go go
we're lovers with such precision so say goodbye
(goodbye)
a shimmy shimmy go go"
You should buy this and please, please go away.
03:28 AM on 09/02/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
I have been visiting AP.net for a couple of years and never registered, until I saw this.
To say this band is a travesty insults a half-decent word; they are pure shit.
If you're into two chord (as in, maybe, A... and... let's see, D?) pop "rock" with lines like:
"your finger is on the trigger so say goodbye
(goodbye)
shimmy shimmy go go
we're lovers with such precision so say goodbye
(goodbye)
a shimmy shimmy go go"
You should buy this and please, please go away.
lol someones not a fan obviously.
03:33 AM on 09/02/09
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Mate, I'm sorry. But this is shit.
04:14 AM on 09/02/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
Mate, I'm sorry. But this is shit.
review or music?
or both? lol
04:09 PM on 09/02/09
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Oh, the review isn't too bad at all, and I'm actually a journalist in country SA. So, well done on that. Just the band. I normally support as much Oz music as possible -- picked up Lisa Mitchell the other day -- but this band is so very shit.
03:44 AM on 09/03/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
Oh, the review isn't too bad at all, and I'm actually a journalist in country SA. So, well done on that. Just the band. I normally support as much Oz music as possible -- picked up Lisa Mitchell the other day -- but this band is so very shit.
thanks for your kinds words about my review,
i knew writing this i would get alot of people who would show their dislike for this band so i cant be angry at your opinions :)
03:37 PM on 09/03/09
Auals
studiocity.bandcamp.com
User Info.
This band is the reason that NO ONE respects Australian music anymore, not even Australians. Not that that's saying much seeing as our biggest exports so far have been AC/DC, INXS and currently Jet. (I hear the Vines got some coverage in the USA which is awesome, but far from the norm).

So yes, these guys are cliche, technically inept and I'm 90% sure the lead singer is a hermaphrodite. Not only that but I dare you to find one video of them where they don't stuff up a song. Even with their 2 chords.

One word; Pathetic.

EDIT:

Your review was alright for your opinion on the music but if you really think those lines are original I advise you to check out some Say Anything, Jack's Mannequin, The Shins. ANY acclaimed songwriter. Hell, even the new Kisschasy album has lyrics that leave these guys in the dust and that's saying something.

On a totally different note, I'm going to go cry over the current state of Australian music... Thank God for Josh Pyke.
01:29 AM on 09/04/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
This band is the reason that NO ONE respects Australian music anymore, not even Australians. Not that that's saying much seeing as our biggest exports so far have been AC/DC, INXS and currently Jet. (I hear the Vines got some coverage in the USA which is awesome, but far from the norm).

So yes, these guys are cliche, technically inept and I'm 90% sure the lead singer is a hermaphrodite. Not only that but I dare you to find one video of them where they don't stuff up a song. Even with their 2 chords.

One word; Pathetic.

EDIT:

Your review was alright for your opinion on the music but if you really think those lines are original I advise you to check out some Say Anything, Jack's Mannequin, The Shins. ANY acclaimed songwriter. Hell, even the new Kisschasy album has lyrics that leave these guys in the dust and that's saying something.

On a totally different note, I'm going to go cry over the current state of Australian music... Thank God for Josh Pyke.
oh i think by no means these guys are original, it's all been done before and probably better i just think people need to maybe open up about them a bi tmore, thanks for the input :)
02:45 AM on 09/04/09
Auals
studiocity.bandcamp.com
User Info.
oh i think by no means these guys are original, it's all been done before and probably better i just think people need to maybe open up about them a bi tmore, thanks for the input :)
It's not a matter of opening up my mind to accept it, it's more of a... having a level of respect for myself and what I'll put up with musically. I respect them for having a crack, and for actually making something of themselves but their music is stagnant and they aren't doing anything to better temselves as musicians OR songwriters. That's my issue with them,

But anyway, i'm going to stop now. Sorry for the rants :P
03:43 AM on 09/04/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
It's not a matter of opening up my mind to accept it, it's more of a... having a level of respect for myself and what I'll put up with musically. I respect them for having a crack, and for actually making something of themselves but their music is stagnant and they aren't doing anything to better temselves as musicians OR songwriters. That's my issue with them,

But anyway, i'm going to stop now. Sorry for the rants :P
haha its okay i knew writing this i would get alot of negative feedback for it. thats whats great, we're all entitled to our own opinions :D

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos