Username
Password
Third Eye Blind News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Third Eye Blind
Inside AP.net

In Defense of Third Eye Blind

Posted by: Steve Henderson (08/20/09)
As a follow-up to this article, New York Magazine has written a piece in defense of the greatness of Third Eye Blind.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 86
11:37 AM on 08/20/09
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
werd
11:37 AM on 08/20/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Failed attempts at wit so many times in that article. So lame
11:38 AM on 08/20/09
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
That seemed more satirically scathing than in defense of the band. Maybe that's just me.

EDIT: That might have been the point, in which case I am a doo-doo head.
11:39 AM on 08/20/09
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
This writer is a moron.
11:46 AM on 08/20/09
mrogerslives
User Info.
This writer is a moron.
"The comment sections of music blogs are like Store 24 parking lots: places where idiots hang out." I'm pretty sure hes talking to you pal.

This record is fucking good.
This has been stuck in my head all day. Final point, this guy is a hook-machine. And for the hate to follow, or rather the remarkable incapacity of AP.net readers, The bloke who wrote this, is after all writing for The New Yorker, whilst we are in a forumn.
11:48 AM on 08/20/09
Broclee
User Info.
And for the hate to follow, or rather the remarkable incapacity of AP.net readers, The bloke who wrote this, is after all writing for The New Yorker, whilst we are in a forumn.

And Brokencyde are on Warped Tour. Don't really mean a thing.
11:49 AM on 08/20/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I thought it was a good article. I took it as casual, light-hearted praise, which suits a band like 3eb well. The point of it all is that 3eb has continued to thrive because they are the real deal, and Jenkins is a writing monster.

Anyone doubting that has yet to listen to Ursa Major.
11:54 AM on 08/20/09
mrogerslives
User Info.
And Brokencyde are on Warped Tour. Don't really mean a thing.
I read an article where those dudes were interviewed. I am a musician of over ten years, and I am just as appalled as the next that shit is flying off the shelf, but at the same time man, they are three dudes from the middle of nowhere New Mexico, and while I am not defending the product they call music, I will quote them in the article "We're living the fucking dream right now, and we could give a shit what anybody thinks." And quite frankly if it were me, on warped tour, labels swarming, panties flying, money stacking, I would do the exact same thing. I could be an authentic integral broke singer song writer not making any money, or fuck it, I could audition for brokencyde.

And with the exception of the few dudes in bands who post, none of us can say shit, because truth be told your opinion of a situation is moot until you have experienced such.
11:56 AM on 08/20/09
Broclee
User Info.
I read an article where those dudes were interviewed. I am a musician of over ten years, and I am just as appalled as the next that shit is flying off the shelf, but at the same time man, they are three dudes from the middle of nowhere New Mexico, and while I am not defending the product they call music, I will quote them in the article "We're living the fucking dream right now, and we could give a shit what anybody thinks." And quite frankly if it were me, on warped labels swarming, panties flying, money stacking, I would do the exact same thing. I could be an authentic integral broke singer song writer not making any money, or fuck it, I could audition for brokencyde.
I'm just saying that being on Warped Tour doesn't give them any kind of credibility. Tis all. Now I shall stop discussing them in a thread about a far-superior band.
11:57 AM on 08/20/09
You Vandal
What she order? Fish filet.
User Info.
Awesome article.
11:59 AM on 08/20/09
mrogerslives
User Info.
I'm just saying that being on Warped Tour doesn't give them any kind of credibility. Tis all. Now I shall stop discussing them in a thread about a far-superior band.
Ursa Major going platinum. cheers mate
12:11 PM on 08/20/09
AmIWrong
Mickey is Sexy
User Info.
Loving Ursa Major. No reason to not pick it up for 3.99 at Amazon
12:11 PM on 08/20/09
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
"The comment sections of music blogs are like Store 24 parking lots: places where idiots hang out." I'm pretty sure hes talking to you pal.

This record is fucking good.
This has been stuck in my head all day. Final point, this guy is a hook-machine. And for the hate to follow, or rather the remarkable incapacity of AP.net readers, The bloke who wrote this, is after all writing for The New Yorker, whilst we are in a forumn.
Got nothing against 3EB. This article was just awful. And you're living in an alternate universe if you think Ursa will go platinum.
12:12 PM on 08/20/09
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
Ursa Major going platinum. cheers mate
word.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates