AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
TV News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31.
11:24 AM on 08/24/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Am I the only person out there that did not jump on the Kings of Leon bandwagon?
What bandwagon? They have put out many great records. Just because this record is selling so well doesn't mean anything. They have always been great
11:32 AM on 08/24/09
EROW
Registered Listener
User Info.
What bandwagon? They have put out many great records. Just because this record is selling so well doesn't mean anything. They have always been great
Don't get me wrong- I am well aware that they have been around longer than just this year. I can listen to their records, give them credit where their credit is due as musicians- but the fact is 2009 has been all about their nuts in a mainstream music level. I don't let critical acclaim and over-saturated radio play convince me to say that I am more of a fan of a band like half (don't quote me on that statistic either, please) of their listeners are subject to- opening up a bandwagon.

Know what I am saying?
11:35 AM on 08/24/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Don't get me wrong- I am well aware that they have been around longer than just this year. I can listen to their records, give them credit where their credit is due as musicians- but the fact is 2009 has been all about their nuts in a mainstream music level. I don't let critical acclaim and over-saturated radio play convince me to say that I am more of a fan of a band like half (don't quote me on that statistic either, please) of their listeners are subject to- opening up a bandwagon.

Know what I am saying?
I get your point. I work at a mall music store. People still come rushing in asking for the "new" Kings Of Leon record. The one that just came out. Not knowing it came out last year and that I was waiting at the gate the day it came out to buy it. They have appeal suddenly and its funny to see people jumping now since they have been around so long.
12:15 PM on 08/24/09
i_am_near_main
User Info.
Imogen Heap. So stoked.
12:36 PM on 08/24/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
mutemath <3
12:58 PM on 08/24/09
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
I love watching Matisyahu live.
01:14 PM on 08/24/09
cory-182
User Info.
blink on 9/01!
02:16 PM on 08/24/09
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Mutemath! I wonder what they're going to play.
02:42 PM on 08/24/09
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
I shall tune in for MuteMath, if I remember. I might watch Imogen Heap and Franz Ferdinand as well.
05:06 PM on 08/24/09
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
Kings of Leon... easily the best modern rock band around these days. can't wait to see them on conan.
they blow
05:46 PM on 08/24/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
that's a whole lotta indie
05:59 PM on 08/24/09
dignan
Registered Member
User Info.
09:01 PM on 08/24/09
trevorshmevor
User Info.
is this a weekly thread? i'm not familiar with it, but this should become a regular if it's not already.
09:48 PM on 08/24/09
dignan
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
just saw Kings performance on Conan. amazing. can't wait to see these guys live.
06:40 PM on 08/25/09
ericsounds41
User Info.
Going to check out Kings Of Leon.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles