AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Solidstate Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Gwen Stacy Signs with Solid State

Posted by - 05:48 PM on 08/24/09
Gwen Stacy has signed with Solid State Records. Their new album, A Dialogue, will be released on October 20th. Press release and album track listing are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 61
05:49 PM on 08/24/09
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Gwen Stacy Signs with Solid StateIndianapolis IN Gwen Stacy has announced they have signed with Solid State Records (Underoath, Norma Jean). The band will release their new full-length A Dialogue with the label on October 20th. The track listing for the album is unveiled below. A video for the song The First Words is currently being shot by Jeremy Jackson.

The band's previous album The Life I Know (2008) was released on Ferret Music and debuted on the Billboard "Heatseekers" Chart. The album was hailed by media touchstones like Absolute punk.net who claimed "if you need something to kick your current music rotation in the ass, then The Life I Know is what you want to check out."

The band has toured nationally numerous times including stints with The Devil Wears Prada, Unearth, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Drop Dead, Gorgeous, Poison The Well, Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster, 36 Crazy Fists and Haste The Day. A national headlining tour around the album release will be announced shortly. www.myspace.com/gwenstacy

Gwen Stacy "A Dialogue" Release date:10/20
Track Listing:
1. The First Words
2. Profit Motive
3. A Dialogue
4. Creation and How I See It
5. Words of the New Prophet
6. Devil Devil
7. Addictionary
8. Braveheart
9. A Middle Ground
10. The Maknig Of
11. The Sound of Letting Go
05:58 PM on 08/24/09
killbrand.com
Ezekiel 36: 26-28
User Info.
nice
05:59 PM on 08/24/09
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
wow. good for them. Solid State really supports all of its artists to a pretty good extent.
06:04 PM on 08/24/09
inthiscrowdedrm
Live Free.Die Free.
User Info.
Ever since they dropped Cole like a bad habit, I've heard nothing but negative things about this band. I as a fan when Cole was the vocalist am very curious to see what their new vocalist can bring to the table. Screw the haters.
06:08 PM on 08/24/09
weaz45
stopthefuckincar.
User Info.
Color me excited
06:09 PM on 08/24/09
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.
I'll give this a listen, but I'm not that excited for it.
06:16 PM on 08/24/09
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
Sweeet. This just made my day. Saw them back in January, they were all really appreciative of the people there to see them. Solid State should be an awesome fit for them.
06:22 PM on 08/24/09
joshuagilbert
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i bet they're regretting the ferret tattoos lol
06:27 PM on 08/24/09
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
Not surprising
06:28 PM on 08/24/09
weaz45
stopthefuckincar.
User Info.
i bet they're regretting the ferret tattoos lol
They won't regret it. Ferret took a chance on them a signed them and they are grateful for that. It's just at this point solid state can help them grow more.
06:29 PM on 08/24/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow. good for them. Solid State really supports all of its artists to a pretty good extent.
This.
06:34 PM on 08/24/09
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
are you being sarcastic? haha
06:38 PM on 08/24/09
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
are you being sarcastic? haha
Not at all. Even they're REALLY heavy, niche artists get supported as much as is possible. T&N does that as well. Its a shame that some artists just dont catch on despite the huge push they give their bands.
06:47 PM on 08/24/09
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Not at all. Even they're REALLY heavy, niche artists get supported as much as is possible. T&N does that as well. Its a shame that some artists just dont catch on despite the huge push they give their bands.
Starflyer 59 and Neon Horse both had releases last month. The only way I found out they had new stuff was when I actually saw them on the shelves. I found nothing promotional-wise pertaining to those releases anywhere at all.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos