AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Triple Crown Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31.
07:42 AM on 04/12/06
He-ManLikesRock
User Info.
The show on Friday was great despit Tall as Lions being broke down in a van by the river. Good Pabst as well.
08:37 AM on 04/12/06
xacex
certified dance machine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A Thorn For Every Heart was a complete and utter joke.

But yes, it's worth the money to see one of the greatest live bands out there right now. Their recordings do their talent no justice
09:26 AM on 04/12/06
noles05
Defeated, but not yet broken
User Info.
Originally Posted by muzik4lyf5000
when ATFEH came out on stage and the lead singer sang his first note everyones jaw hit the floor. It was hilarious.

This is very true. ATAL and TREOS were amazing. Nate blows me away everytime.
10:18 AM on 04/12/06
Caleb Cattivera
Cupid of Absolutepunk
User Info.
Originally Posted by FrancesdaMute
brandon is losing his voice, or at least it sounded that way. Casey is still the man, and I wish I could dance like nate. Good show, but the best TREOS I saw was in Randolph, NJ awhile back.

The intro was real badass though, put a smile on my face.

yeah brendan is losing his voice. i didnt help that much by giving him cigarettes last night. oops. haha, but they still played great i thought.
11:17 AM on 04/12/06
dswhite85
Punk Rock Rebel
User Info.
The Receiving End Of Sirens in an amazing band, so is ATFEH, but I haven't ever heard of As Tall As Lions, I'll have to check them out, thx.
12:14 PM on 04/12/06
screamoutmyname
through being cool
User Info.
How's the guy from TREOS that had punctured his lung? I hope he's doing better.
12:25 PM on 04/12/06
ilovebsb
i'm so glad a thorn for every heart isnt playing the mass date. i really cant stand them. i cant wait to see treos once again. the set list is looking pretty good but nothing i havent seen them play live before. alright well later
01:47 PM on 04/12/06
PerfectMess
...like whoa
User Info.
Originally Posted by screamoutmyname
How's the guy from TREOS that had punctured his lung? I hope he's doing better.
Alex is actually doing pretty well, or at least he was when I saw them. You can tell hes kinda in pain, but he can play and sing fine. He just cant move around too much on stage
02:55 PM on 04/12/06
Mr Forrester
CEO
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by Caleb Cattivera
Hey guys and gals. I just returned from a great show with The Receiving End Of Sirens, As Tall As Lions, and A Thorn For Every Heart. If you get the chance to head to this show, take full advantage. If you haven't checked out As Tall As Lions yet, I'd recommend doing so now. The Receiving End Of Sirens are one of the best live shows I've ever seen and this tour is worth the money to go to. So check it out! Dates can be found here.
I'm not sure if Caleb was at the same show as me, but being new to Atlanta and it being my first show, I was highly disappointed. The venue was not that good at all, in fact Insane Clown Posse was playing in the same venue ( I think it's 2 in 1), which is an absolute joke. The stage and layout of the venue looked like a 1st grader drew it up with his crayola and then they went with it. Blackout Pact was decent for an opener, not good though. As Tall as Lions played next and should have been right before TREOS, they were great and played an amazing set. ATFEH is nothing more than hacks. Their lead singer reminds me of a mix between that blonde guy from Queer Eye For the Straight Guy and a Flock of Seagulls member. Absolutely cheesey and it was so bad that on several occassions I turned away because I couldn't stop laughing at him. If you're going to scream in songs I suggest you don't play in mommy's makeup kit first and get the Flock of Seasgulls hair cut from Super Cuts. I was embarrassed for you. Of course though TREOS was fantastic. Tons of energy, they got the crowd into the set and were one of the better live shows I've ever seen. As for the crowd, I feel bad for TREOS and ATAL because its sad that the Atlanta was only able to draw about 50 people. As mentioned before, ICP played next door and sadly I think they drew a larger crowd. Atlanta should be as embarrassed of themselves for such a poor showing for 2 great bands as I am embarrassed for ATFEH's lead singer.
04:03 PM on 04/12/06
ThriftWhore
thrift is hell.
User Info.
ATFEH is horrible live, plus I think they only have fans in their homestate, besides the typical 15 year old girls who like them because they wear striped pink ties on stage.

TREOS and ATAL totally make up for it though. TREOS's starwars intro is bad-ass.
04:52 PM on 04/12/06
updownleftright
grant.
User Info.
Originally Posted by Mr Forrester
I'm not sure if Caleb was at the same show as me, but being new to Atlanta and it being my first show, I was highly disappointed. The venue was not that good at all, in fact Insane Clown Posse was playing in the same venue ( I think it's 2 in 1), which is an absolute joke. The stage and layout of the venue looked like a 1st grader drew it up with his crayola and then they went with it. Blackout Pact was decent for an opener, not good though. As Tall as Lions played next and should have been right before TREOS, they were great and played an amazing set. ATFEH is nothing more than hacks. Their lead singer reminds me of a mix between that blonde guy from Queer Eye For the Straight Guy and a Flock of Seagulls member. Absolutely cheesey and it was so bad that on several occassions I turned away because I couldn't stop laughing at him. If you're going to scream in songs I suggest you don't play in mommy's makeup kit first and get the Flock of Seasgulls hair cut from Super Cuts. I was embarrassed for you. Of course though TREOS was fantastic. Tons of energy, they got the crowd into the set and were one of the better live shows I've ever seen. As for the crowd, I feel bad for TREOS and ATAL because its sad that the Atlanta was only able to draw about 50 people. As mentioned before, ICP played next door and sadly I think they drew a larger crowd. Atlanta should be as embarrassed of themselves for such a poor showing for 2 great bands as I am embarrassed for ATFEH's lead singer.

i beg to differ. i like atlantas crowd. i also like the masquerade. who cares whats going on upstairs. who cares that they drew more people. ive been going to the masquerade for years, and im not a fan of upstairs, but i love the downstairs. just wait till emery next week, that'll show you atlantas crowd.
06:13 PM on 04/12/06
Mr Forrester
CEO
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by howtoburnafire
i beg to differ. i like atlantas crowd. i also like the masquerade. who cares whats going on upstairs. who cares that they drew more people. ive been going to the masquerade for years, and im not a fan of upstairs, but i love the downstairs. just wait till emery next week, that'll show you atlantas crowd.
Being from Conyers I doubt you've ever been to a decent venue. The Masquerade's stage is a joke. It had to have been 15 feet wide, not even close to large enough for 3 or 4 band members let alone 5. Each band member has to discuss which 6 in radius they will use when they "rock out" during breakdowns. I saw the sound board and it was almost as big as the stage. Also if you are anywhere not right in front of the stage of right next to it from the landing/bar area then you can't see anything because of the large pillars blocking line of sight. Please don't go patting yourself on your back for 50 people showing up to see TREOS and ATAS. To be honest with you I used to see shows at a dive bar in Davie, FL that had less room (crowd), larger stage, and better viewing and was 1/3 the space of the Masquerade.
06:24 PM on 04/12/06
updownleftright
grant.
User Info.
Being from Conyers I doubt you've ever been to a decent venue. The Masquerade's stage is a joke. It had to have been 15 feet wide, not even close to large enough for 3 or 4 band members let alone 5. Each band member has to discuss which 6 in radius they will use when they "rock out" during breakdowns. I saw the sound board and it was almost as big as the stage. Also if you are anywhere not right in front of the stage of right next to it from the landing/bar area then you can't see anything because of the large pillars blocking line of sight. Please don't go patting yourself on your back for 50 people showing up to see TREOS and ATAS. To be honest with you I used to see shows at a dive bar in Davie, FL that had less room (crowd), larger stage, and better viewing and was 1/3 the space of the Masquerade.

thats cool. but who has more fun?
06:27 PM on 04/12/06
Mr Forrester
CEO
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hate to break it to you but what I saw, Atlanta fans are zombies. I thought I was at the Master's with the post song golf claps. ATFEH was begging for kids to get into it, although that might be attributed to that bands overall suck-titude.
06:05 AM on 04/13/06
updownleftright
grant.
User Info.
Hate to break it to you but what I saw, Atlanta fans are zombies. I thought I was at the Master's with the post song golf claps. ATFEH was begging for kids to get into it, although that might be attributed to that bands overall suck-titude.
hahahaha

i dont doubt this one bit
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News