AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Sherwood News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Sherwood Wants Twitter Followers Too

Posted by - 08:16 AM on 08/26/09
If Sherwood gets 5000 followers on twitter, they will post the track listing to QU and will post a new song from the record.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 50
08:19 AM on 08/26/09
i12punk
Accents
User Info.
Oh a new song too? Showing up Cartel a little, there.
08:22 AM on 08/26/09
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
pshh, been used
08:28 AM on 08/26/09
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
or you could just give people the tracklisting and new song?
i don't get why bands want so many followers on twitter. Or why they use it as a bribe for new music.
08:37 AM on 08/26/09
axelblazer
User Info.
or you could just give people the tracklisting and new song?
i don't get why bands want so many followers on twitter. Or why they use it as a bribe for new music.

This.
08:43 AM on 08/26/09
evan324
just put some vinegar on it dummy
User Info.
They have awhile till they get to 5000, but i added them because I want another new song from Sherwood.. i can't wait for the new album!
08:47 AM on 08/26/09
dstix
User Info.
I find this whole thing incredibly stupid. First off Sherwood should come up with their own ideas since Cartel already did this. Second, who gives a shit about twitter, just give the fans a new song and the tracklisting for the new record. This twitter stuff is stupid. Or do bands consider themeselves cooler if they have followers on twitter. I'm in a band and I wouldn't give a crap about that I would just give fans tracklistings and new songs.
08:48 AM on 08/26/09
theguilt engine
i'm back.
User Info.
way to be original, sherwood.
08:49 AM on 08/26/09
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
no offense, but isn't 5000 a llofty goal to reach by the time the new record drops?
08:51 AM on 08/26/09
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
no offense, but isn't 5000 a llofty goal to reach by the time the new record drops?
haha true, the album will probably leak before 5000 is reached anyway.
08:52 AM on 08/26/09
sonicfury
User Info.
I find this whole thing incredibly stupid. First off Sherwood should come up with their own ideas since Cartel already did this. Second, who gives a shit about twitter, just give the fans a new song and the tracklisting for the new record. This twitter stuff is stupid. Or do bands consider themeselves cooler if they have followers on twitter. I'm in a band and I wouldn't give a crap about that I would just give fans tracklistings and new songs.

bands have been doing this for a while so sherwood aren't copying cartel. twitter is an excellent promotional tool and after all they're selling a product. doesn't mean i think it's "cool" but it's understandable and makes sense.
08:54 AM on 08/26/09
Kill_the_radio
Don't wait too long to come home
User Info.
twitter whores!
08:57 AM on 08/26/09
MusicScoutJustn
Independent Promoter
User Info.
I wish a band would just say:
"If 5,000 people delete their Twitter accounts, [insert band name here] will release a song for free download."
08:57 AM on 08/26/09
blane
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i dont think tom is pleased with this campaign. they are on myspace records after all...
09:09 AM on 08/26/09
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
I find this quite unnecessary. Its like they're dangling this new song and track listing slightly out of the reach of eager fans, and making them do silly things to get it. Much rather see this new album info revealed at a comfortable pace instead of throwing in these lousy and pointless roadblocks to get there. I dunno, thats just what I think.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos