see the benefits.
User Info.
Haha, great review!
05:57 AM on 04/13/06
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
User Info.
Originally Posted by Polymath
Well its certainly gone up since you left, hasn't it?

I prefer to keep the quality of our stuff over the quantity of our views.
Seriously, why do you come to this website when all you ever do is talk shit?
08:28 AM on 04/13/06
|ant|
User Info.
Originally Posted by Gabe Gross
Suggesting to begin with the basics like basic song building (even verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-chorus would be a good start) may sound condescending but it's the best chance they have to recover from such a mess.

You sir, have just described what is deathly ill about the music industry in this era. Bands who follow this system consistently fall through the cracks. I was disapointed with this review, and believed a so called "professional" reviewer could see the talent here. I am by no means dubbing this a masterpiece, but your review is ridiculous. This site is on cue about 50% of the time, but when you miss, your marksmanship is nonexistent. Giving albums like Moneen, Punchline, Rookie of the Year, and Hit the Lights all higher than 80%??? That is a shame. All of these bands in whos sound are not mutually exclusive get the nod from your reviewers. At least someone got Anathallo - Floating World right, or I would lose all faith in this sight. Also, it seems Anathallo did not follow your so called "formula to success" as stated above, and put out probably one of the most interesting and visceral listening experiences this year. Shame on you.
09:38 AM on 04/13/06
SLADE775
Still the greatest
User Info.
LOL!

Great review.

I hate this band.
09:45 AM on 04/13/06
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Originally Posted by |ant|
Giving albums like Moneen, Punchline, Rookie of the Year, and Hit the Lights all higher than 80%??? That is a shame.

Haha, I reviewed Moneen, Punchline, and HTL. Anyways, all those albums deserve their scores. Moneen is one of the best albums you'll hear this year, and Punchline and HTL both wrote good, catchy pop-punk albums. They do what they do well, just because you don't like it doesn't mean they don't deserve the scores, the majority of users here agreed with those ratings.
10:52 AM on 04/13/06
|ant|
User Info.
I don't know. Music is all opinion and what appeals to your own tastes. Although, I can't help but pass up those types of albums because that style is so oversaturated. I have written some reviews in my day, and I don't judge bands and/or cds by first, second, or even third listens; that is almost impossible. Because many a times, you hear a cd that is catchy and you think it is phenominal, but realize that it's what I call "face value music" and nothing more. Those kind of cds wind up in a box in my archives. Repeat listens and staying power are what cause me to give bands high scores, not my opening response. Anyway, that is my 2 cents, or maybe more than you wanted to hear. Good day.
11:31 AM on 04/13/06
Gabe Gross
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by |ant|
You sir, have just described what is deathly ill about the music industry in this era. Bands who follow this system consistently fall through the cracks. I was disapointed with this review, and believed a so called "professional" reviewer could see the talent here. I am by no means dubbing this a masterpiece, but your review is ridiculous. This site is on cue about 50% of the time, but when you miss, your marksmanship is nonexistent. Giving albums like Moneen, Punchline, Rookie of the Year, and Hit the Lights all higher than 80%??? That is a shame. All of these bands in whos sound are not mutually exclusive get the nod from your reviewers. At least someone got Anathallo - Floating World right, or I would lose all faith in this sight. Also, it seems Anathallo did not follow your so called "formula to success" as stated above, and put out probably one of the most interesting and visceral listening experiences this year. Shame on you.

hmm i did write the anathallo review...weird. i back my review up 100%. it is not a good album, but if you have listened to it i would love to hear YOUR thought on it besides you ripping apart the site as a whole (we have like 8 reviewers so those tastes aren't always going to match up). Thanks for your feedback.
08:07 PM on 04/13/06
|ant|
User Info.
Originally Posted by Gabe Gross
hmm i did write the anathallo review...weird. i back my review up 100%. it is not a good album, but if you have listened to it i would love to hear YOUR thought on it besides you ripping apart the site as a whole (we have like 8 reviewers so those tastes aren't always going to match up). Thanks for your feedback.

I was by no means trying to bash the site as a whole. I am just saying I disagree with some of the album reviews. I frequent this site, and will continue to. I was just venting frustrations with some bands that I personally can see through, of which I think are overhyped. Just a differ in opinions. I have respect for all the reviewers, I just disagree with some reviews. I will give you kudos on the Anathallo review though!
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests