Username
Password
Armor for Sleep News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Armor for Sleep
Inside AP.net

Armor For Sleep Press Release

Posted by: Jon Foucart (04/17/06)
A press release regarding Armor For Sleep signing with Sire Records is below.
Armor For Sleep PRAlbany, NY - April 17, 2006 (Equal Vision) - Four years after joining the Equal Vision Records family in the winter of 2002, Armor For Sleep have signed with Sire Records, an imprint of the Warner Music Group.

In June of 2003, Equal Vision issued Armor For Sleep's debut album, "Dream To Make Believe," which introduced their music to the world, and built-up the band's core fan base. "Dream To Make Believe" set the stage for what was to come. After a countless number of tours in support of the album, and two music videos for "Dream To Make Believe" and "My Town," Armor For Sleep was ready to unleash their new masterpiece. The 11-song "What To Do When You Are Dead" was released in February of 2005, and the massive buzz that had been surrounding the band began to increase exponentially.

To date, "What To Do When You Are Dead" has sold over 160,000 albums, and yielded two music videos for "Car Underwater" and "The Truth About Heaven," the latter which went on to be featured on MTV's 10 Spot Drop, and earned the band a spot performing at MTV's Spring Break 2006. The video also won Fuse TV's OvenFresh competition by a landslide against major artists Green Day, System of a Down, Spoon, Straylight Run, The Dandy Warhols, and Morningwood.

Armor For Sleep's final release with Equal Vision was a 90-minute DVD entitled, "A Comprehensive Guide To Touring," that came out in November 2005. The DVD documented the band's growth over the previous year from recording "What To Do..." to Armor For Sleep's first headlining tour, and everything in between.

Look for Armor For Sleep on The Vans Warped Tour all summer long.

Everyone at Equal Vision Records is proud to have worked with Armor For Sleep for the last four years, and will continue to support them wherever they may go. We guarantee many more great things to come from the four individuals that make up Armor For Sleep. Ben, Anthony, Nash, and PJ will forever be considered part of the Equal Vision family.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
10:22 AM on 04/17/06
Brandon Herbel
Registered Member
User Info.
Thats my boys!
10:25 AM on 04/17/06
xdrummerxdudex
i am a legend
User Info.
woooooooooooooo
10:27 AM on 04/17/06
dontgrabtindy
Charles In Charge
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sweet
10:36 AM on 04/17/06
ironlionOROKU
IRONlionOROKU
User Info.
good for them
10:40 AM on 04/17/06
FrankMareno
Photographer
User Info.
yeah!!!
10:51 AM on 04/17/06
dukeboy1986
...is well Heeled!
User Info.
Congratulations guys!
10:55 AM on 04/17/06
leafsacc
User Info.
same record label as Against Me!, not bad.
11:01 AM on 04/17/06
Snails
see the benefits.
User Info.
Well done to them!
11:15 AM on 04/17/06
whitelines
73-9
User Info.
good for them.
11:23 AM on 04/17/06
End is Forever
User Info.
yay for Armor, they rock!
12:02 PM on 04/17/06
AbsentTruth
we will overcome
User Info.
Well they better be on all the warped dates this year. I was pissed last year when they canceled but then again I saw them for free at Penn State last october and they played a brand new song for the first time that night :)
12:11 PM on 04/17/06
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
so will they be still like half in EVR? that would be good, gratulations anyway
12:46 PM on 04/17/06
Spaulding44
User Info.
wow thats a classy label
01:33 PM on 04/17/06
beenbrokenx
love the life you live.
User Info.
i have high respect for a label that does what equal vision did. because they wished them well instead of being pissed (i can think of a label or two that has done this in the past) that they are going to a bigger label. good job. and good luck to armor for sleep. i'm sure it was a well thought out decision.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums