AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 332.
06:40 AM on 09/03/09
dookiedog
User Info.
I think Beau and Chris mixed most of the album....is this true? From what I've heard of the mixes they do not sound as good as their debut LP.
06:48 AM on 09/03/09
jwoody
User Info.
Why did you comment on how the drums were pushed way back in the mix as a huge mistake (which i agree) then go onto say in the next sentence that the production on the album is stellar??? weird...
06:57 AM on 09/03/09
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
Good review, not so good album. Painfully average.
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
I'm really, REALLY dissapointed at this album. The S/T helped get me into this scene, and now Saosin has released this crap
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Why did you comment on how the drums were pushed way back in the mix as a huge mistake (which i agree) then go onto say in the next sentence that the production on the album is stellar??? weird...
Production is largely good, mix leaves a little to be desired. The drumming isn't always just tucked back in the mix too - it is less pronounced in the songs themselves.
06:59 AM on 09/03/09
Shawn at RRR
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
User Info.
The more and more I listen to the album, the more I enjoy it. To each his own.
07:00 AM on 09/03/09
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
dang this is not good news
07:02 AM on 09/03/09
thefirewithin
In Exile
User Info.
I agree with Steve in most of the things he said but I am still managing to enjoy this album. If this was there first release I don't think I would give it many listens but because of what they've done in the past i've grown to LOVE Saosin and I like that I have new material from them. The album is not there strongest effort by any means but for me it has some standout tracks.

Does anyone else think that Cove's vocals on "secrets" were better on the grey ep? I don't like the new chorus as much as I liked the original and it's bugging me. I also think the screams were MUCH better in the original.

Also... I'm starting to grow weary of bands who use multiple producers to do one album. It doesn't seem to be a formula that works well. I wonder if that had any effect on the cohesiveness of ISOSG.
07:10 AM on 09/03/09
whatitdo1787
User Info.
I've loved everything Saosin has done in the past, but after listening to this album a few times the only thing that comes to mind is a complete lack of energy. As of right now, I think Is this Real?, On My Own and Secrets are the only songs that would've made the cut on the S/T.
07:11 AM on 09/03/09
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Saw this coming a million miles away, I have great vision...
07:14 AM on 09/03/09
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
Great review but it's far from what I wanted to read. I still can't wait to hear this album but I'm definitely expecting to be disappointed.
07:15 AM on 09/03/09
Mibabalou
Desolate Earth :: The End Is Here
User Info.
damn...
07:36 AM on 09/03/09
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
I haven't liked a single thing about this band after Anthony left.
07:56 AM on 09/03/09
the1
Blink One Eighty Who??
User Info.
If I could go back and re-rate it, I would probably knock down some categories by a small amount, but I still believe it is a 90%+ album. I still play it regularly and it resonates like it did when I first heard it.
To me, the s/t just sounds so clean. that it's almost futuristic (lame description I know haha)

I really like the ones from the Grey EP and Is This Real an On My Own, but if the rest of the tracks suck then it'll be a shame, cos everything so far has been amazing.
07:58 AM on 09/03/09
the1
Blink One Eighty Who??
User Info.
Saw this coming a million miles away, I have great vision...
Yeah but you like Hey Monday, so fuck off.

(jkz)
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums