The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
I Call Fives [ap.net profile] [myspace]
1. How did you get your band name?
We started the band with the name "Remedy." It turned out that name was copyrited so right before we started recording in the summer of 2007, we knew we needed to change names. "I Call Fives" is a pretty popular saying about when you get up from your chair, if you call fives then you have 5 minutes to come back and not loose your seat and we figured it sounded kinda cool, so we kept it.
2. How did this band get started?
4 of us had just graduated high school and wanted to do something fun and try and put as much into it as we could. We had all been in other bands before that had fallen apart someway or another, and we wanted to try our hardest this time around. I heard some demos that our singer was working on and I convinced the other guys that we should give it a shot.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
New Found Glory, Blink182, The Starting Line, The Movielife, Saves the Day, Fairweather, Midtown
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Blink182 because who wouldn't want to tour with them?!
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be a horse -- but not just any horse...I'd be the horse that fucked that guy and made him internally bleed to death. I'm the kinda horse that could fuck you in the ass.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Well if you like pop punk, it's pretty easy. We actually play pop punk. We don't wear girls jeans and we don't straighten our hair -- we just play the kind of shit we grew up listening to.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would want "Coast to Coast" and it would probably be easy because we suck at our instruments so I imagine that would carry over to the video game world.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Whoever rigged the Grammy's and let us win something.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
It would be pretty cool if people bought cd's again and myspace didn't run the show. But realistically, that's not happening so if I could change one thing it would just be that kids come to shows and support more often. More often than less it seems like people support bands for the wrong reasons and that just sucks.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Ray's Golden Lion in Washington this past summer on the I Call Fives / Wonder Years tour was pretty memorable for the wrong reasons, definitely hope Soupy reads this. That whole tour was awesome though. Otherwise, our singer literally took a shit on a venue one time in Florida when they canceled without letting us know on our tour with The Crosstown Rivalry.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I've been on the site for 4 years now so it means a lot of stuff honestly. 4 years ago it meant coming online during my free time in high school and reading shit about bands and genuinely being interested. Nowadays I don't have as much time and it seems like some of the stuff on the site is something I find less interesting...but luckily AP keeps me updated when the girl from Paramore gets her haircut.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Coast to Coast"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I never vacation really but Wildwood, NJ is a good time in the summer.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would be Mel Gibson in that movie where he could read the minds of women. I realize being Mel Gibson isn't necessarily a super power but a boy can dream.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I get botox injections
18. What's your favorite holiday?
4th of July
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to play music, go to shows, and fuck around on the computer. I play a game called Counter Strike way too much.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?