|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Brunswick - (Ian, vocals) [ap.net profile] [myspace]
1. How did you get your band name?
- Back in '03, Joe (our bassist) and Mike (former guitarist) went bowling one day and saw the name "Brunswick" all over crap. It started as a joke, but it's stuck ever since.
2. How did this band get started?
- Joe and Mike had a band called "Yesterday's Scandal" and I (Ian) was in another band also. Neither of us were any good, but they thought that I was a great singer and approached me at a show in January '03, asking me to sing for their band. That's how it started.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
- We all listen to so much music that it's almost sickening. I would say we are more influenced by bands like New Found Glory, Rufio, Midtown, and "old-school" pop-punk bands from the end of 90's era.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
- I would personally love to tour with Midtown if they were still in existence. Joe might say Alkaline Trio, Matt (our drummer) may say something else and so would Ken (our new guitarist).
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
- Funny that you say that, since my brother IS a furry and I've had that conversation before with him. The conclusion we came to was hedgehog and I still don't really know why.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
- A lot of bands nowadays are in a glamour war of sorts and have forgotten all about making genuinely good music. We want to bring hard, energetic, catchy and fun music back to the masses and give people an earful of something that's not centered around fashion or bitches.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
- Trauma. Of all the songs on our myspace currently, that probably has the most energy and actual "rock" than the rest of them. It would probably be difficult but we have more technical material than Trauma... but it sure as hell isn't Dragonforce difficult.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
- There aren't a lot of people outside of our families, close friends, and fans that we would thank. If we befriend bands, then yes, they would be included. If any industry reps or what-have-you helped us get to that point, then yes, they would be included also. Most of the work put into this band was done ourselves, so it's hard to say thank you to anyone for anything except support.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
- Stop releasing bands that are in it for the money and sluts and not for the music. Bands need money to survive, yes, and the sluts are a nice touch. But, there are so many people in bands who are so ungrateful to the point that they believe they deserve whatever they want simply for being in a band. And that is fucking sickening.
10. Memorable tour experience?
- Every day of the tour we had with The High Court was memorable. We miss those dudes and we miss chillin' with them every night. The best parts of touring was definitely SHEETZ.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
- It's a great source for info that's both relevant and non-relevant to the industry. I think Joe has it as his homepage on his computer's browser.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
- That will change every 6 months or so whenever we write new songs. We just finished writing one a month ago called "Flesh Sweater" and we've only played it live twice - and it's the most fun I've had playing music in the past 2 years.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
- It's been so long since I've vacationed. I just wanna go someplace warmer than New England. Snow sucks.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
- I grew up on MTV. I was all about INXS and all the popular 80's bands since I was born in '86.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
- I would have the uncanny ability to teleport, since that would make touring SO much easier.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
- Hahahahahahaha... we've had little success in the past 5 years due lack of funding and people trying to screw us over left and right. We have the determination to "make it" but sometimes, that just isn't enough.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
- I don't know. I'm pretty transparent whenever I meet fans and I don't really feel the need to hide anything. I've played video games in front of them, told them I have diabetes, and I've even solved math problems on air during an interview.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
- Halloween. All the creeps come out to play and it's funny every year.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Play music, play video games, and spend time with friends. I'd love to go to shows more often for bands I have interest in but they're usually expensive.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
- I am very good at math. And I can play a good game of pool from what I've been told.
10:51 AM on 09/05/09
01:54 AM on 09/06/09
I didn't even realize these dudes were still a band. Decision is such a good song.
More From This Author
Buy the Music