SONGS Music Publishing [www.songspub.com]
is seeking a team of fall interns in our NYC office. SONGS is an independent music publisher and represents a wide range of songwriters including Jack’s Mannequin, Tokyo Police Club, Drake Bell, and Minus The Bear.
Ideal candidates are highly-motivated and enthusiastic to learn about this crucial sector of the music industry—and of course, must love music. As an intern, you’ll be an essential part of our growing team. You’ll have specific duties, deadlines, and will take full responsibility for your projects.
Applicants must be currently enrolled college students and able to commit at least 10-15 hours per week through the fall semester. (Graduates are not eligible.)
Internships are available immediately. Please send resume, cover letter, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Media / Social Media Intern
We’re launching a new web application that will allow people to search through our entire music catalog. We need computer and internet savvy interns with a grasp of the digital music arena.
· Listen to and index our music catalog with relevant descriptions
· Upload audio and enter relevant metadata
· Utilize social media to promote company, synch placements, etc
· Research projects may include topics on interactive media and digital distribution.
· Proficiency in Excel is required.
A&R / Office Operations Intern
A&R assisting and general office organization
· Develop and implement ways to make our office more environmentally friendly and energy efficient.
· Organization of office/A&R supply & CD closet.
· General administrative support including phone calls, distribution of mail, and filing.
· Proficiency in Excel and Word is required.