Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

SONGS Interns

Posted by: Garett Press (09/09/09)
SONGS Music Publishing is seeking a team of fall interns in their NYC office. More details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
07:06 AM on 09/09/09
Garett Press
User Info.
SONGS Music Publishing [www.songspub.com] is seeking a team of fall interns in our NYC office. SONGS is an independent music publisher and represents a wide range of songwriters including Jack’s Mannequin, Tokyo Police Club, Drake Bell, and Minus The Bear.

Ideal candidates are highly-motivated and enthusiastic to learn about this crucial sector of the music industry—and of course, must love music. As an intern, you’ll be an essential part of our growing team. You’ll have specific duties, deadlines, and will take full responsibility for your projects.

Applicants must be currently enrolled college students and able to commit at least 10-15 hours per week through the fall semester. (Graduates are not eligible.)

Internships are available immediately. Please send resume, cover letter, and availability to ngregory@songspub.com

New Media / Social Media Intern

We’re launching a new web application that will allow people to search through our entire music catalog. We need computer and internet savvy interns with a grasp of the digital music arena.

· Listen to and index our music catalog with relevant descriptions

· Upload audio and enter relevant metadata

· Utilize social media to promote company, synch placements, etc

· Research projects may include topics on interactive media and digital distribution.

· Proficiency in Excel is required.

A&R / Office Operations Intern

A&R assisting and general office organization

· Develop and implement ways to make our office more environmentally friendly and energy efficient.

· Organization of office/A&R supply & CD closet.

· General administrative support including phone calls, distribution of mail, and filing.

· Proficiency in Excel and Word is required.
07:23 AM on 09/09/09
TheBestBet
Toph
User Info.
If you want to sit in a 95 degree office, transcribing lyrics from booklets and taking plastic wrap off CD's for 9 hours straight, with zero to little human interaction from other employees and leave having no knowledge of what the company even does at the end of the day , then this is the place for you.
07:47 AM on 09/09/09
joeyjoey
People tell me slow my roll.
User Info.
If you want to sit in a 95 degree office, transcribing lyrics from booklets and taking plastic wrap off CD's for 9 hours straight, with zero to little human interaction from other employees and leave having no knowledge of what the company even does at the end of the day , then this is the place for you.
Wow, bad experience?
08:29 AM on 09/09/09
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.

Is there any benefit to this? For instance can it be used as a reference for another job? I am looking for a good internship opportunity do you know of any good ones?
08:29 AM on 09/09/09
TheBestBet
Toph
User Info.
Wow, bad experience?
I'd say so. I'm not the only one who felt this way either.
08:42 AM on 09/09/09
TheBestBet
Toph
User Info.
Is there any benefit to this? For instance can it be used as a reference for another job? I am looking for a good internship opportunity do you know of any good ones?
If your in NYC area, I would recommend contacting doghouse records. Great people and I had a great experience there and they have expanded into management as well in the last year which even broadens the learning experience even more. PM me for a direct contact.
09:37 AM on 09/09/09
MonstarGibson
...spin 'round carousel..
User Info.
haha! Just totally shut them down. That honestly made me chuckle.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests