AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 297
02:02 PM on 09/10/09
gabbag
User Info.
Hi, I have been a fan of the bands for awhile, I love the new album, and am FINALLY going to get to see you on Saturday, and I am very excited. I was wondering if you guys were going to hang out afterwards to meet fans or anything like Everclear did last year at the UC MusicFest?

-Gabrielle
02:02 PM on 09/10/09
dundermifflin
User Info.
just wanna say you and 3eb are great, saw you at bamboozle and you were prob the best set of the weekend, any idea when the bonfire video is comin out?
02:03 PM on 09/10/09
bigjohnbrennan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah, props on connecting to the fans like you do.

The nine west show is still on, right?

i saw the news feed disappear on the assembly.....

thanks.
dandandandan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stephan- been a fan since 1997, I'm going to see you guys tonight and saturday. can you play Red Star at one of the shows? if not tonight or Saturday will you ever play it again? and are your touring in the fall?
ChrisMc621
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Stephan! Can't wait to see you and Tony tonight play in NYC. I will also be at MusicFest on Saturday, so that will be 5 months in a row (6 shows) seeing 3eb!

Play us a couple surprises on Saturday, maybe Horror Show or Red Star?! The show gets better everytime and I am so happy the new record is being received so well!

Will we ever get a LIVE ALBUM?!??

Thanks, Chris
fleetwood
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hey Stephan whats the status of "In the Skin" and "Alright Caroline"
dubs14
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Stephan, thanks for doing this, and congrats on a fabulous new album!

For those of us already pining away for Ursa Minor, can you tell us the status of that record and the timeline for the release. Also, can you tell us about the songs:

In The Skin
Alright Caroline
Lay Back
Stevie Ray Vaughn

Thanks so much,
dubs
02:04 PM on 09/10/09
erika.n.boom
User Info.
Stephan, I haven't stopped listening to UM since I bought it---so worth the wait. Just wondering but what is the inspiration behind 'About to Break?' There's so many scenes in that song that it interested me where the lyrics are coming from.

PS-Please come to Indianapolis again ASAP; everytime I'm at your shows I feel like I'm in my own personal heaven.
i second the indianapolis request:)
ignitetheweb
User Info.
First off, Love the new album and after the 100th listen, it has as much lasting value as the first two cds.

As a guitar player, most of what I miss about Cadogen was the guitars on Self-titled and Blue. Specifically the layering of chords, leads and feedback. Layers upon layers of amazing guitar parts on Wounded and 1000 July's.... Do you think Third Eye Blind will return to producing "finely worked-out chunks of serious gun-metal rockcraft" on future albums? I do feel like Ursa Major was wonderfully produced and was reaching back to some of what made Blue great.
livethesounds
There is no try
User Info.
Thanks a lot for doing this, didn't think in a million years i'd see anything 3EB related in AP.Net. You guys have restored my faith in this website. haha.

question for Stephan - Lots of bands that have been around as long as you guys have changed their sound or "evolved" as some like to say. We've seen the evolution in your writing, but the music is, from the self titled ablum in the early 90's to Ursa Major, has always been distinctly Third Eye Blind. Is your sound something you guys have actively thought to keep a constant with the band (even with some turnover in members) or has it always just come naturally.

Also, are the songs you're going to release on Ursa Minor going to basically be b-sides from Ursa Minor, or a completely separate album with what you guys would call quality songs? (not that any 3EB song isn't quality)

lastly i'd like to thank you again for doing this, and thank you for the insperation you and your band have been in my life. You guys have been the soundtrack to my life since i was really young, your music has helped me through some really tough times and i hope to continue to listen to more of your great music for years to come.
Momeredith
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stephan,

First of all, I love the instrumental for Carnival Barker. Will the full version be on Ursa Minor and also, What is a Carnival Barker?!

-Mike
02:05 PM on 09/10/09
chadman7il
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i second the indianapolis request:)
im down for indy too...but if theres indy, there should be chicago too
ignitetheweb
User Info.
How many songs do you have to write lyrics for to finish the writing of Minor?

When do you estimate releasing Ursa Minor?
SoCoSquid4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is the shit.

stephan, i met you a few years ago and youre the one person i have ever geeked out meeting. thank you for everything.

my question is...i have a cold right now, do you have any good remedies?
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
Just wanted to quickly pop in and say how much I love Ursa Major. One of the best albums I've heard in awhile. Thanks Stephan!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos