AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Hawk Nelson

Posted by - 09:08 AM on 09/11/09
Though summer draws to an end, sunny pop-punk beats on with Hawk Nelson's fourth studio album, Live Life Loud, hitting shelves on the 22nd of this month. For a preview of the album, check out an exclusive stream of "The Job" on the band's AP.net Profile.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 128
09:18 AM on 09/11/09
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
uggggh. it's all downhill from the first 20 seconds.
09:23 AM on 09/11/09
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Just as an FYI to anyone who didn't know... I don't care if a band is Christian rock or whatever, despite that not being my own religion. However I do care when a band is homophobic.

Same-sex marriage in a state where they don’t care
Murder is wrong but the jail time’s not fair
Not to mention date rape, felony, and car theft
Break it down and tell me what we’ve got left
Comparing same sex marriage to rape, felony and car theft.

To the rest of AP, a site that, to me, prides itself on its diversity, I know that I stopped listening to Hawk Nelson immediately after I heard this song.

Just an FYI.
09:26 AM on 09/11/09
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
Just as an FYI to anyone who didn't know... I don't care if a band is Christian rock or whatever, despite that not being my own religion. However I do care when a band is homophobic.

Same-sex marriage in a state where they don’t care
Murder is wrong but the jail time’s not fair
Not to mention date rape, felony, and car theft
Break it down and tell me what we’ve got left
Comparing same sex marriage to rape, felony and car theft.

To the rest of AP, a site that, to me, prides itself on its diversity, I know that I stopped listening to Hawk Nelson immediately after I heard this song.

Just an FYI.
what song is that from?
09:29 AM on 09/11/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
what song is that from?
Letters to the President.
09:32 AM on 09/11/09
thebuffalo
The Foolish King
User Info.
so diversity only applies when someone agrees with you?
09:32 AM on 09/11/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I'm really surprised to see a Hawk Nelson exclusive on here, I don't think this is really a band targeted at the listeners on here. I've listened to them for a long time, and I'll be checking the album but I haven't heard much of the new songs they'ved released yet. This one isn't too great. Hah
09:33 AM on 09/11/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
They are really nice guys though. And a fun band live.
09:35 AM on 09/11/09
zachff
User Info.
Diversity is different than intolerance.
09:36 AM on 09/11/09
zachff
User Info.
what song is that from?
he got ya

Letters to the President.
thanks
09:57 AM on 09/11/09
patchesk83
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No. Being bigoted does not count as being diverse. Does anyone value the opinions of racists or sexits? No. Hate is not diversity.
10:16 AM on 09/11/09
beazer32
User Info.
saw them live a little while ago and was pretty impressed... that being said, i've never been a fan of their music. and this song certainly doesn't sway me.
10:48 AM on 09/11/09
thebuffalo
The Foolish King
User Info.
who says they are intolerant or bigoted? they just think it is something wrong, just like those other things.

is someone a bigot if they don't like rapists? just because you think homosexuality is cool, doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you.
11:09 AM on 09/11/09
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
They are really nice guys though. And a fun band live.
Definitely nice guys, but I saw them when they were touring in support of Letters to the President, and I absolutely hated it. Not only did they sound mediocre, for which I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they had an off-show, but the 10 minute spiels between each song about their faith was too much to handle. I'm openly a non-religious person, and I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with people who are (in fact, more power to them; if you can find something you believe in so strongly, hold on and don't look back), but their set made me feel so awkward as a non-Christian that I had to leave before the end. It was almost like they were a focus group who played music as a gimmick to kill the time between speeches. Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with bands speaking out about what they believe in, on stage and off, but when each rant is twice as long as each song, that's where I get a little frustrated.

With that said, they are definitely nice guys, and I will give the album a fair listen, but with the exception of a song or two here or there, not much has caught my attention since their debut.
11:15 AM on 09/11/09
patchesk83
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
who says they are intolerant or bigoted? they just think it is something wrong, just like those other things.

is someone a bigot if they don't like rapists? just because you think homosexuality is cool, doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you.
so being gay and being a rapist are the same thing? being gay does not explicitly result in people being hurt. rape, murder, theft, etc. are all done with the explicit intent of harming people. you are right though; people can think whatever the fuck they want. but once those thoughts lead to taking away rights from people who have done nothing wrong, it is bigotry. it is hate. and it is wrong.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos