|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
LoveHateHero - (Pierrick Berube) [ap.net profile] [myspace]
1. How did you get your band name?
This is not a very interesting story. When you have 5 guys with 5 different minds nobody ever agrees on anything. After weeks of going back and forth with band name ideas I spit out "LoveHateHero" and nobody immediately hated it, and so it stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
We started as a culmination of local bands. In late 2004 all of our local bands had broken up and some of us wanted to keep playing music so we created this "super group" started jamming, writing songs and eventually playing by early 2005.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Refused, Led Zeppelin, Glassjaw, ACDC, Michael Jackson. I'm influenced by whatever music I listen to at that point in time. I recently had a Lady Gaga phase and wrote a dance track. It happens...
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
That would be the list of influences I just made above:
Refused, Led Zeppelin, Glassjaw, ACDC, Michael Jackson..........and LoveHateHero?? haha
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A cow so like 10 peeps could suck my nipples at once!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because were pretty fucking good. We have decent messages and know how to write a hot song or two.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Goodbye My Love" from White Lies. It's already made by some hacker kids that do that stuff all day. It is SICK!!! check it out on youtube.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I've never written a song Grammy worthy, so I would thank whoever wrote the Grammy nominated song for me. haha
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Bands need to make more money. It is next to impossible these days to not have a job at home when not on tour. Artists should be free to create awesome new art instead of digging trenches for $10 an hour.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We were on stage about to start playing once when, all of a sudden, a car came crashing through the window. The show was over obviously. I guess some kids had a fight and they were drinking and decided it would be a good idea to try to run each other over. Not Cool dude.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Honestly....I come here sometimes to read people comments talking shit about other bands and my own - Just to brighten my day:)
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Red Dress." That song always get the crowds going.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I cant afford vacations. But if I could I would probably go to South America.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Oasis, Greenday, The cranberries, No Doubt-Those are also the first tapes/CD's I ever bought.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Teleport most def.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No, you haven't made it until you can pay your bills solely by playing music. I can't wait for that day.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm from Canada, eh!
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas, I really like hanging with my entire family and just spending time together.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Xbox 360, Mountain biking and writing new music.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can squirt milk out of my eyes.
06:30 PM on 09/15/09
lame questions, try again
07:41 PM on 09/15/09
Read the very first italicized line, try again.
10:11 PM on 09/15/09
funny stuff. the new cd is hottt
10:12 PM on 09/15/09
AP.Net's resident comedian.
wow car crashing through the building..minus the drunk driving...thats pretty epic.
11:20 PM on 09/15/09
Love this band. They have gradually improved throughout each record and picking up thrasher was probably the best thing that could have happened to this band. Thanks for continuing to make good music guys.
11:24 PM on 09/15/09
I must agree. this cd really grew on me after a few listens. surprised me honestly.
04:59 AM on 09/16/09
Tear the scene down, start over.
not a fan of the new album. the songs on myspace were very promising... good song writing and great lyrics. the rest of the album is however both musically and lyrically for the most part pretty boring. and the dance song is so fucking cringe worthy.
05:15 AM on 09/16/09
i thought they actually did the dance songs great on the new album. they are catchy. i wish the record was heavier but oh well. an artist can release different shit if they like.
05:21 PM on 09/17/09
The furry answer was pretty funny hahaha.
More From This Author
Buy the Music