Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

New York City Internship Opportunity

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (09/23/09)
Hey all you college kids looking for a music industry internship, check the replies for an opportunity in New York City that is not to be missed. While we can't disclose the label, know that it is an extremely reputable label and works with many artists regularly mentioned on AP.net.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31.
09:12 AM on 09/23/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
An extremely prominent record label, located in NYC, is in dire need of one or two interns for the fall semester. The internship will call for a litany of tasks from your basic mailings to actual hands on work dealing with artists, record stores, market research, online marketing, etc. We need someone who is a quick learner and eager to work within the industry. The intern must be able to think outside the box and bring real ideas to the table. These slow times are an indicator to start getting people in the door who have an TRUE passion for music and aren’t just looking for celebrity encounters. That being said, we work with some of the largest current artists.

The marketing department, specifically, is full of really down to earth people. We are flexible and encouraging with no egos.

Requirements
- ability to get into New York City by a certain time
- familiarity with Microsoft office (excel, word, outlook)
- letter from school stating you will be receiving credit for the internship
- familiarity with adobe photoshop (preferred but not a requirement)
- a real desire to work and learn within the music industry

An internship can only be what you make of it, so please send all resumes to MusicMktgInternship@gmail.com . Please only submit once.

Thank you!
09:22 AM on 09/23/09
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
If I had the money to move to New York I would totally apply for this. Crap!
09:24 AM on 09/23/09
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
If I had the money to move to New York I would totally apply for this. Crap!
you could always work for some gangsta rap label in Atlanta. haha
09:24 AM on 09/23/09
jlewis154
User Info.
"... Artists regularly mentioned on AP.net"

What label is brokencyde on again? O, wait, maybe its decaydence, or VICTORY!!! RARRRRR.

8====> squirt squirt > "industry"
09:43 AM on 09/23/09
battybat17
1, 2, 3, Count.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"... Artists regularly mentioned on AP.net"

What label is brokencyde on again? O, wait, maybe its decaydence, or VICTORY!!! RARRRRR.

8====> squirt squirt > "industry"
Victory's in Ohio...
09:50 AM on 09/23/09
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
Applying
09:59 AM on 09/23/09
isntnikione
I've never heard of you either!
User Info.
why so secretive about which label it is???

are they afraid too many unqualified people will apply?
10:03 AM on 09/23/09
areyoukiddingme
Yes.
User Info.
I need an internship to graduate. Awesome.
10:08 AM on 09/23/09
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
you could always work for some gangsta rap label in Atlanta. haha
I think I'll stay away from the gangsta rap, haha. It sucks that that's pretty much all there is here!
10:12 AM on 09/23/09
losethegirl
Super Hero In My World
User Info.
It sure would be swell if we could get some JOB opportunities up on this site, you hear me record labels? Those of us with college degrees and valid experience would love a chance to do something with our lives. Siiiigh.
10:16 AM on 09/23/09
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I think I'll stay away from the gangsta rap, haha. It sucks that that's pretty much all there is here!
yeah im not into that at all, haha not to stereotype but when i think of Atlanta (which your somewhat near) i think of it being the hip hop city
10:37 AM on 09/23/09
battybat17
1, 2, 3, Count.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It sure would be swell if we could get some JOB opportunities up on this site, you hear me record labels? Those of us with college degrees and valid experience would love a chance to do something with our lives. Siiiigh.
Unfortunately, the way the music industry works is that you typically need an internship (or a few internships), whether you have a degree or not, to land a job.
It's not just about paying your dues and getting your hands dirty, it's also about making connections and proving that you're worth your salt. I know that's the cliche but it's 100% true. That's how things work in the entertainment business.
11:01 AM on 09/23/09
losethegirl
Super Hero In My World
User Info.
Unfortunately, the way the music industry works is that you typically need an internship (or a few internships), whether you have a degree or not, to land a job.
It's not just about paying your dues and getting your hands dirty, it's also about making connections and proving that you're worth your salt. I know that's the cliche but it's 100% true. That's how things work in the entertainment business.

That is what I was referring to when I said "and valid experience." I think anyone who thinks they will get anywhere with only a degree especially in this day and age is dreaming.

Sadly having an internship with a national music corporation and the highest recommendation praises in the world, isn't always enough to get a job right now because companies are cutting back on entry-level jobs and using interns for everything. Not saying this particular company is, but a lot of them. So I was just lamenting how inundated the internet is with internship opportunities and how few actual job opportunities there are.
11:39 AM on 09/23/09
YoTengoRabbi
Black Metal Jesus
User Info.
Fuck this. Too pretentious to even list their name?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS