AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 182.
06:43 AM on 10/01/09
Peacemaker
User Info.
"There’s no lull between those damn hooks on Riot! and the concentration and vigor of brand new eyes. "

I don't understand this sentence. Am I retarded or something?
06:54 AM on 10/01/09
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.

I don't really like Paramore save for some songs from their first album.

What you said was stupid.
08:39 AM on 10/01/09
tentativetitle
Where Have You Been?
User Info.
"Just imagine what will happen when the band hits their mid-twenties"

I agree with this statement 100%. It should be interesting
10:23 AM on 10/01/09
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
I don't really like Paramore save for some songs from their first album.

What you said was stupid.
just not a fan at all.
10:30 AM on 10/01/09
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
just not a fan at all.
That's understandable. This review doesn't represent the opinion of the entirety of the site.
02:32 PM on 10/01/09
arsalan.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great review!

I feel like the band doesn't get enough credit at all. I think the issue is that since Hayley's voice is what's pushed the most in production, the charm/slight intricacies in the instruments sometimes get lost in the overproduction.

Even if you listen to Careful without vocals, for example, it sounds completely different imo. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's decent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xykten_Yl2E
When you compare that to Misery Business's instrumental (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv2-aZwgI5I) I don't understand how anyone could POSSIBLY say there's little progression.

And their live intros/outros really display more talent, especially with drumming, than the recordings as well (3:40 to end of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAYfOZY0yPQ))

I LIKE VIDEOS
07:54 PM on 10/01/09
mikado
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
these boys are quite fortunate that hayley is so good.
10:55 AM on 10/02/09
LindsFoSho
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've always been a fan of Paramore, and I think Brand New Eyes shows how much they've grown up over the years.
11:35 AM on 10/02/09
vaguestcargo
When I disappear...
User Info.
What I don't understand is reading other reviews claiming this sounds a lot like Jimmy Eat World. uhh I don't hear it.
I dunno if the chorus to playing god could sound any more like JEW if it tried. other than that , though, I'm inclined to agree with you.
12:11 PM on 10/02/09
BBScience
Human After All
User Info.
I'm always going to wonder how different these guys would sound with a male singer. It's not that I dislike Hayley's voice, its just a curiosity I can't get over.

Musically much of Brand New Eyes reminds me quite a bit of the Phantoms by Acceptance. Listen to the intro of Looking Up and then imagine instead of Hayley, Jason Vena comes in with that sexy voice of his. Honestly I quite enjoy the musicianship of Paramore. Obviously they aren't are the most technical group around, but sometimes simplicity can go a long way. Besides, Misery Business is good fun to jam out on guitar.
01:24 PM on 10/02/09
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
The Only Exception = Yellow
03:12 PM on 10/02/09
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
much better than Riot!...not sure if it beats All We Know yet.
04:14 PM on 10/02/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
haha moar??? nice spelling idiot, go lecture someone else.
lol
05:56 PM on 10/02/09
Johansson
User Info.
Here's my own take on the record:

Hayley Williams's lyrics can be a tad bit childish at times and a little too straightforward for my tastes (yes I know she doesn't write everything) but she writes things that need to be said. This album showcases a better range of her vocal ability ("All I Wanted" hits some amazing, amazing notes that bring more than a couple joyful tears to my eyes), and I really appreciate the edgier, more raw qualities that, in turn, make the record more personal and relateable. Overall, I am in love with this album just because I'm one of those Paramore fans that will always love their work. I reccommend everyone give it a listen because I can undoubtedly say it is the best of their three efforts!

Cheers, Paramore!
06:30 PM on 10/02/09
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
haha moar??? nice spelling idiot, go lecture someone else.
I was mocking your lack of understanding in spelling by using "oa" as you did.It's a shame that you're not too bright.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests