Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 182.
10:48 AM on 09/30/09
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
I think the album is excellent so far. I went to buy it yesterday and the record store didn't have it, so I had to go out of my way to track it down. It was worth the time. It just takes you in and envelopes you. Their last two I thought were awesome, I've listened to them many many times. This one will be the same. It's nice to see a bad so solid in their releases.
10:50 AM on 09/30/09
DanielJames
User Info.
Good review. I agree with you about "All I Wanted" sounded forced, but I'll have to disagree with you about "Misguided Ghosts" because I believe that the band opened up a new side of themselves with that song. It's so different, yet so mature (I hate using that word). This album is my favorite one of theirs yet. They are one of the few bands that have not only been able to perfectly blend their previous albums together, but move forward with their sound as well. They've made me more of a fan.
10:52 AM on 09/30/09
thecomingweak
User Info.
i still like riot more on a whole as a record. but 'careful' is pretty dang catchy.
just an opinion.
<3 tim
10:57 AM on 09/30/09
JoeForPresident
Vocals/Guitar - Modern Chemistry
User Info.
Crappy first single. I'll never bother to listen to this album. Can't say I've liked any of their stuff all but the first couple of singles off the debut though. Boring on the whole
their single might be my least favorite song by them. this album's a lot better than that
11:04 AM on 09/30/09
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
User Info.
i am loving this record. this is one band that has not disappointed me yet with any release. i still don't think they have reached their potential though.
11:06 AM on 09/30/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Good review. I really like this album, and I definitely enjoy it more than I did Riot!.
11:10 AM on 09/30/09
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Crappy first single. I'll never bother to listen to this album. Can't say I've liked any of their stuff all but the first couple of singles off the debut though. Boring on the whole
crappy first single? Ignorance is an awesome track.
11:12 AM on 09/30/09
Moira Amiss
I have the Lefevre Fever. Catch it!
User Info.
Dead on. Someone also said that the lyrics are immature, and I have to agree. This crap about them &quot;maturing&quot; is a farce. The lyrics are not more mature, they're childish and bitter. I can't relate to their band drama, and I don't want to hear about it in a song. Also, her vocals are not nearly as good as they were on the previous two albums. At this point, she's straining. She often sounds as if she's shouting to hit the notes and during softer parts she sounds awkward. She needs to sing within her range because when she does she's wonderful. Singing improperly is going to wreck her voice for the rest of her life.

agreed. and all this talk about "the only exception," i don't get it. the song would have sounded so much better if it were simpler. they tried to do way too much to the song. everything sounds forced when the entire band comes in (kind of like the second movement in Jack's Mannequin's "Caves"), and in general, the song just sounds contrived and overdone.
11:24 AM on 09/30/09
Dre Okorley
User Info.
This album needs to be covered up, brick by boring brick.

Just kidding (couldn't resist a dumb joke).

I actually think there aren't as many upbeat catchy stuck-in-your head tracks on here as there were on Riot! See:Born For This, Thats What You Get, For A Pessimist....etc. If I had to say what sounds more radio to me, Feeling Sorry would take that prize.

Careful is very reminiscent of song Miracle, and I think thats what they were going for. I think everyone on here has had something useful to contribute. All in all, this album has its ups and downs, they've improved musicianship wise in some spots and lacking in others, where its somewhat run of the mill humdrum writing ie, Playing God. Ignorance sounds like No Doubt, mainly during " Well, it's nice to meet you, sir I guess I'll go, I best be on my way out." Must have influenced them on tour, heh, and the way Hayley's dressed in the video with her hair put up in is very Gwen Stefani.

I like the verses of WTLO, reminds me of early 90's indie rock ala Discount. (As a Discount fan, not saying that they are at all comparable or similar.) Anyway, a good move and unexpected twist from their typical style on their part.

And, cool review.
11:31 AM on 09/30/09
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
What I don't understand is reading other reviews claiming this sounds a lot like Jimmy Eat World. uhh I don't hear it.
11:40 AM on 09/30/09
themodernelite
User Info.
This album was a huge let down for me, there were only 4 songs I liked on it. I found most of the album to be about how they almost broke up. I would have personally gave it a 65%.

www.audiocoke.blogspot.com
agreed.
11:43 AM on 09/30/09
sweetforever
User Info.
Playing God is my favorite song off this record.
11:44 AM on 09/30/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Love it
11:48 AM on 09/30/09
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
of coarse this crap gets an 82%. People on here hate typical radio pop music yet they love Paramore weird.
11:49 AM on 09/30/09
hailthewarrior
i can't shake this little feeling
User Info.
Excellent review, excellent cd.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives