denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hahaha. No one noticed.

I noticed
08:33 AM on 10/01/09
lannenjay
User Info.
I get what you're saying. Makes sense. Especially coming from someone that actually sings. But I'm sure the lessons at least helped you from getting them years earlier. And you said you've been singing and touring for years, just how many to be exact? Is it more than Paramore's? Cause if so, then that kinda proves my point alittle more.

i may have been singing for more years than her if you added them up but she's probably had to sing much more. we don't play as many shows as Paramore... haha. her schedule is probably INSANE. mines busy as it is and we are nowhere near what they're doing. lack of sleep, diet, overuse. it can all affect the voice in a negative way. i'm a guitar player too so it's nice to be able to change the strings when theyre getting worn out..... being a singer blows because you got one set of pipes. i lost my voice when i was on tour this summer and got bronchitis and a sinus infection.... instead of canceling tour i tried to push through it and ended up hurting myself..

either way, i hope she's all good and just needs a little rest :)
09:35 AM on 10/01/09
AndrewIcex
Twitter: @AndrewIsler/@OceangridOH
User Info.
Haha wow, that is definitely badass.. I enjoyed it.
10:15 AM on 10/01/09
blue_bedlight
Not Associated With The Band
User Info.
i may have been singing for more years than her if you added them up but she's probably had to sing much more. we don't play as many shows as Paramore... haha. her schedule is probably INSANE. mines busy as it is and we are nowhere near what they're doing. lack of sleep, diet, overuse. it can all affect the voice in a negative way. i'm a guitar player too so it's nice to be able to change the strings when theyre getting worn out..... being a singer blows because you got one set of pipes. i lost my voice when i was on tour this summer and got bronchitis and a sinus infection.... instead of canceling tour i tried to push through it and ended up hurting myself..

either way, i hope she's all good and just needs a little rest :)
Touche. I don't have a rebuttal for that. It makes a ton of sense.
02:08 PM on 10/01/09
arsalan.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This. Dead on. By now she could have serious issues, lesions, nodes, etc. God only knows. I remember seeing her once talking about how she doesn't drink because it dries out your vocal chords. Well, that's part of it, but you have to know how to sing properly if not drinking is going to be effective.
I'm pretty sure she was diagnosed with vocal nodules pretty early in the band's career, maybe 2006 or 2007. And she DOES know how to sing... She's had a vocal coach for several years who apparently helped her completely rework her vocal technique so that it wouldn't be as strenuous on her voice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2QNj6nJz0

He's actually on tour with them right now. My guess is a combination of insane headbanging (back in 2008, it got really rough at times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8bT_xCQqnk), a schedule that doesn't allow any rest for her voice, and ambitious vocals in several songs.
04:08 PM on 10/01/09
i have a molly
and my own Say Anything song.
User Info.
that really is awesome. I feel like the crowd, even though sad hayley lost her voice, would have been jacked up to have that moment with the band.
04:11 PM on 10/01/09
britster
User Info.
real cool, wish i was there!
04:33 PM on 10/01/09
snobdrblinkchik
User Info.
So, it was Decode, then she left, then Misery Business and then it was over? How do we know this wasn't planned all along? Unless you skipped the part where she (I'm assuming) told the guys she had to get off for a sec.

Man anyway... I hope the rest of the tour isn't a bust. How scary.

Yea, after decode, she waved, walked off. Then after a good while, Josh comes out saying her voice is gone and that they were going to try something that they've never done: play the music to misery business and have us sing it loud enough for hayley to hear cuz she felt like she let us down. So they played misery business and then played an outro. Afterwards they threw everything they had except their instruments into the crowd. I've never seen a band throw ALL their drumsticks (probably 4 or 5 pairs) and pics out into a crowd before, so obviously they felt bad....
05:20 PM on 10/01/09
altemose09
User Info.
hahaha that's awesome
08:36 PM on 10/01/09
aealeman
User Info.
I'm pretty sure she was diagnosed with vocal nodules pretty early in the band's career, maybe 2006 or 2007. And she DOES know how to sing... She's had a vocal coach for several years who apparently helped her completely rework her vocal technique so that it wouldn't be as strenuous on her voice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2QNj6nJz0

He's actually on tour with them right now. My guess is a combination of insane headbanging (back in 2008, it got really rough at times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8bT_xCQqnk), a schedule that doesn't allow any rest for her voice, and ambitious vocals in several songs.
Congratulations for her. Doesn't mean she isn't doing something right. If she's having this many problems, something is obviously off.
11:57 PM on 10/02/09
CAmoosic9
Music Activist
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Okay first off, I feel like I am entitled to reply to this thread because this is MY video. I shot it. I actually think it's kinda cool that someone used my video for a thread. Thanks!

Anyway, let's clear some things up.

First off, Hayley is Blonde now.
Second, Paramore did a show early Tuesday morning for KROQ, and Hayley's voice sounded fine. After, they did a sound check for the Pomona show, and that's probably when her voice started going since she was already sick. That's like three shows in one day.

I'm sorry the description was a bit misleading. Hayley did NOT lose her voice and then run off stage. She was singing the "I used to know you soo wellll...yeaaahhh yeaaaaAAAHHHHH" at the end of Decode (I hope you know which part I'm talking about) and her voice completely stopped coming out when she tried to sing that part. She then picked up the mic stand and pointed it to the audience for us to sing along, and the mic fell out of the stand onto the stage. She then threw the stand down on the stage and picked up the mic and held it to the audience. She rocked out for the rest of the song while we sang it. She then kinda shrug-waved, and walked off.

The band joined her offstage a few minutes later, and we didn't know anything was going on. The band came back on, told us Hayley's voice was completely gone, but they were gonna play Misery Business for us to sing along to, so Hayley could hear us. It WAS like Rock Band in real life. It was probably the coolest thing I'll ever experience at a concert because no lead singer goes a WHOLE song without singing. That will probably never happen again. After, they went into the Miracle Outro, and then threw their picks and drumsticks into the crowd, waved, and walked off. I was disappointed that Hayley never came back onstage, because she sang a good 10 songs before losing her voice, so we could've given her credit for that.

I know she was frustrated. I've been in the same situation as a singer, but not to that scale. I'm sure she's upset that it happened the first night of the tour, and that she had to postpone dates, but she did do the best she could considering.

And they did not finish out their set. I know for a fact they were at least supposed to do Misguided Ghosts and other songs off the new album, and they didn't. They just did ones like Turn It Off, Looking Up, and Where The Lines Overlap, less popular ones, which I thought was weird. They did do Ignorance however. I also thought it was also cool that they did Emergency and Conspiracy. It was like a concert of all three albums.

And by the way, I could tell her voice was going when she first started singing in the start because she was singing a new intro that they wrote, and she sounded like she was on helium. I thought it was a voice effect, until it never went away. You can find videos of the new intro and Decode, and hear the part where she lost her voice.

Sorry this is long, I just had to clear stuff up and I'm happy you like my video!
10:25 PM on 10/03/09
evidence
User Info.
but stil it was cool!
08:38 AM on 10/07/09
Kendar
User Info.
this looks/sounds like a goddamn cult.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives