Username
Password

Comments: Page 20
Displaying posts 285 - 300 of 300
09:49 PM on 10/01/09
BeeJay
User Info.
Wow, what a strange encore....
is that sarcasm? it was something special. growing up listening to them but not being old enough to ever go see them at the time... then getting my chance with the reunion... they played an epic show.. and came back out for Dammit. and left everyone happy and feeling what they used to back when they were on top of the world.....
10:25 PM on 10/01/09
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
is that sarcasm? it was something special. growing up listening to them but not being old enough to ever go see them at the time... then getting my chance with the reunion... they played an epic show.. and came back out for Dammit. and left everyone happy and feeling what they used to back when they were on top of the world.....
It was sarcasm, it's not like that song is a surprise or anything.
10:25 PM on 10/01/09
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
I thought it was funny....you know, because they are absolutely terrible.
12:03 AM on 10/02/09
vagtasticvoyage
i'm awesome, fuck you
User Info.
I thought it was funny....you know, because they are absolutely terrible.
i think they're amazing
to each his own
i just thought your response was funny
12:13 AM on 10/02/09
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
You all want to know what a fucking encore is....

So mae played tonight at my school, went through their set, no encore. Then they went and played outside for donations for whatever charity their supporting now, these dudes are amazing. They killed it through about 3 songs from DB and everglow and then said they were done, but there were about 20 of us who stuck around. Dave started talking to a few fans and played a song he requested (sorry im drunk i don't remember which exactly). And then a few of us in the crowd asked him to play We're so far away. He told us its a piano song so its hard. We told him he plays it we sing it. And the next 4 minutes of the probably 10 people crowd and him singing We're so far away will easily be my favorite moment at a show. And easily the best encore I've ever been a part of
01:34 AM on 10/02/09
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
i think they're amazing
to each his own
i just thought your response was funny
Well, thank you. That's a comment I will accept haha
10:41 AM on 10/02/09
emoishardcore
emoishardcore
User Info.
I see you're from Annapolis..So I'm assuming the AM! encore you're referring to is from the show they played at 930 in November of 07? Right fucking on, man. That was a great show.
to be honest I don't remember all of it. I just remember them coming out and just everyone going fucking nuts. Wait nvm, was that the one with alk3?
11:30 AM on 10/02/09
ezco25
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ur def. right i mean the bands have planned their encores... either way theyre going to play them

its better manchester orchestra style - andy will do whatever the fuck he wants
01:01 PM on 10/02/09
everyonesfault
User Info.
to be honest I don't remember all of it. I just remember them coming out and just everyone going fucking nuts. Wait nvm, was that the one with alk3?
Nope. It was the one with Sage Francis, Cobra Skulls, and World/Inferno.
03:34 PM on 10/02/09
marina_starr
User Info.
I don't think I've been to a show where the encore wasn't planned. It seems incredibly expected now, and I am more shocked if a band doesn't play an encore. It seems like it's grown to be banal.
07:20 PM on 10/02/09
i'm a big deal.
Streets ahead.
User Info.
I was surprised when Weezer did an encore at the Blink 182 concert. I didn't think opening acts did encores so that was pretty awesome.
03:04 AM on 10/03/09
chris07007
User Info.
Quote:
but the level of awesomeness that they reached during Welcome to Bangkok was unbelievable.

agreed.
11:46 AM on 10/03/09
BeeJay
User Info.
It was sarcasm, it's not like that song is a surprise or anything.
it wasn't a surprise but you can't take away the powerfulness of it. and the special feeling that goes with it.
01:13 PM on 10/03/09
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
it wasn't a surprise but you can't take away the powerfulness of it. and the special feeling that goes with it.
That's true, this tour I saw them for the 6th and 7th times, and I still get shivers when I hear the opening to Dammit.
03:58 AM on 10/05/09
KisMeImContagus
Confused
User Info.
I saw Bon Jovi last January. That was very good, nearly two years ago now but it stuck in my mind. They just kept on playing. Their enocore(s) was over 40minutes, they came back on whenever the audience cheered for it. They played some songs they hadn't done yet, a couple of their bigger songs they'd already played, some cover songs and just any random song they liked and felt like doing. I like it when a band obviously enjoys performing, I feel like they deserve to be where they are. Also, when they came back on for the first encore Jon Bon Jovi had changed into a Crusaders shirt (I saw them in Christchurch, NZ) so that was pretty cool.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos