Password

Album Review
Monty Are I - Break Through the Silence Album Cover

Monty Are I - Break Through the Silence

Reviewed by
Monty Are I - Break Through the Silence
Record Label: Island
Release Date: September 22, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 71
09:09 AM on 10/02/09
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Sand Rider's Doomsday was the song that stood out for me, too. I enjoyed the album but it's nothing I'm going to tell all my friends about.
09:11 AM on 10/02/09
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
i agree with most everything. except for the saosin and secret and whisper comparisons...
09:17 AM on 10/02/09
Gin
What'd those animals say to ya?
User Info.
I like the first 7 tracks. They are so catchy, my itunes-counter exploded in a few days^^
The album as a whole isnt outstanding, but its very good music in my opinion :)
great band.
09:32 AM on 10/02/09
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Lol Steve sounds nothing like Cove.

Not a fan of the review, kudos for trying though.

The album is really great, and certainly not boring.
09:46 AM on 10/02/09
sasalukac
giddy up
User Info.
I'd personally give their Wall of People release a bit more credit, given the energy and lasting appeal of many of the tracks. That said, the album as a whole wasn't very consistent, and made it fall short of an outstanding release; so in that respect I agree with you. All in all good review, I'll check this out and keep your words in mind.
09:58 AM on 10/02/09
what_ever
every supahero need his theme music
User Info.
saw the first RIYL and cringed. will not be listening, haha. I wasn't a big fan of their debut though.
10:07 AM on 10/02/09
ezco25
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
63??
ur fucking kidding me this cd is amazing - and has so many never done before things in it

crappy reviewer - plus 7.25 on vocals? the vocals on this record stood out to me like on no other album this year

r u high?
10:15 AM on 10/02/09
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
63??
ur fucking kidding me this cd is amazing - and has so many never done before things in it

crappy reviewer - plus 7.25 on vocals? the vocals on this record stood out to me like on no other album this year

r u high?
lol I like your logic
10:22 AM on 10/02/09
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
63??

r u high?
I don't use drugs. Good music makes me high. Since I was listening to this particular CD when writing the review, I was not high.

Also, there isn't anything "never done before" here, because this very band did them before, and executed it better, on their last album.
10:25 AM on 10/02/09
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
The first part of this album has songs that seem to stand out, then it kind of faded and the songs got weird as it progressed, i thought upon first listen.

And they have no relation in sound to Secret and Whisper. That's kind of out of the ballpark.The sounds here are a lot of loud soft dynamics fitted for radio. I would say they are like There for Tomorrow, but not as good or emotional.
10:26 AM on 10/02/09
ezco25
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't use drugs. Good music makes me high. Since I was listening to this particular CD when writing the review, I was not high.
haha its funny how you think youre funny...

but come on - really? a 63 - deff not

either you are the shittiest reviewer to walk the land OR monty has done something to piss you off?
10:34 AM on 10/02/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I listened to three songs off this earlier.. it wasn't bad, but nothing made me want to listen to more... and I would rather listen to Dog Problems.

Will give it another chance probably.
10:35 AM on 10/02/09
Merch_Mike
Faber Drive / merch guy
User Info.
I loved their previous album. I can't get into this one at all so far.
10:45 AM on 10/02/09
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
haha its funny how you think youre funny...

but come on - really? a 63 - deff not

either you are the shittiest reviewer to walk the land OR monty has done something to piss you off?
Both, obviously. I'm, of course, the shittiest reviewer in the world. Everyone knows that. Also, my slutty ex-girlfriend fucked one of the band members. I was pissed, so this is my way of getting even.

Seriously, though, this album isn't awful, but this band seems capable of much better, but appear to be satisfied going by the numbers.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos