Username
Password
Rocky Votolato News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rocky Votolato
Inside AP.net

Rocky Votolato Living Room Shows In October / November

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (10/02/09)
Rocky Votolato will be going out for his second leg of living room shows in October and November; he will be playing new songs and some old favorites. Head to the replies for dates and a ticket link.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
12:27 PM on 10/02/09
Rohan Kohli
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Tickets are available here: http://www.undertowtickets.com/artist/rocky-votolato

Thu/Oct-15 Salt Lake City, UT
Fri/Oct-16 Montrose, CO
Sat/Oct-17 Denver, CO
Sun/Oct-18 Denver, CO
Tue/Oct-20 Ft. Collins, CO
Wed/Oct-21 Boulder, CO @ Club 156
Sat/Oct-24 Albuquerque, NM
Mon/Oct-26 Phoenix, AZ
Tue/Oct-27 Phoenix, AZ
Thu/Oct-29 Provo, UT

Thu/Nov-05 Central Islip, NY
Fri/Nov-06 New York, NY
Sun/Nov-08 Boston, MA
Mon/Nov-09 Brighton, MA
Tue/Nov-10 Providence, RI
Wed/Nov-11 Burlington, CT
Thu/Nov-12 Hamilton, NJ
Fri/Nov-13 Philadelphia, PA
Sat/Nov-14 Philadelphia, PA
Sun/Nov-15 Washington, DC
12:31 PM on 10/02/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Missed the first one in Oregon cause I didn't want to go by myself. Should have since its not coming here this time
12:31 PM on 10/02/09
uglystar03
User Info.
Its a great idea, but $20 per ticket? I'm assuming the person that is volunteering their living room isn't getting paid anything. I know these are really intimate shows, but is that high of a price truly necessary? I didn't know Rocky Votolato was that popular.
12:45 PM on 10/02/09
AlexHuffman
User Info.
Its a great idea, but $20 per ticket? I'm assuming the person that is volunteering their living room isn't getting paid anything. I know these are really intimate shows, but is that high of a price truly necessary? I didn't know Rocky Votolato was that popular.
Every time I have seen Rocky in a club setting, it has been at least $10 and there were over 100 people every time (In Cincinnati). The reason tickets are so much is because there aren't over like 20 people allowed into each show from what I understand.
12:45 PM on 10/02/09
pianorocklove
User Info.
Normally venues pay for the artist to play there, so since these individuals who are hosting the shows aren't paying him, I'm assuming the high ticket price is needed so he can make some money (both for traveling expenses and of course a small profit). Basically, this isn't a matter of the person volunteering their living room needing money, but the artist.
12:55 PM on 10/02/09
AndThinkOfTexas
User Info.
Every time I have seen Rocky in a club setting, it has been at least $10 and there were over 100 people every time (In Cincinnati). The reason tickets are so much is because there aren't over like 20 people allowed into each show from what I understand.

20 people? Really? Why bother going then? I would hate to show up and then be told... "Sorry, there's already 20 people here - go home."

I love Rocky and I love this idea. But maybe this needs to be a "backyard tour" so he can fit more people in at shows, ha.
12:56 PM on 10/02/09
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
Ah fuck yes, NYC date.
12:58 PM on 10/02/09
xjamesax
xJAMESAx
User Info.
Hey I'm hosting the Fort Collins show. Our show is going to be 50 people or less. Tickets are only sold before hand, none at the door. Its going to be chill. After the show we are probably going to have a bonfire for anyone who wants to stick around. Maybe Rocky will sing a few tunes around the fire.

If anyone is interested here is the link to buy tickets http://www.undertowtickets.com/artist/rocky-votolato
01:01 PM on 10/02/09
uglystar03
User Info.

From what I can tell, there will be about 50 tickets available for each show. I understand how this is a rare occurrence and it is a really intimate setting, but I would've thought tickets would be slightly less, especially considering he is the only act performing.

Normally venues pay for the artist to play there, so since these individuals who are hosting the shows aren't paying him, I'm assuming the high ticket price is needed so he can make some money (both for traveling expenses and of course a small profit). Basically, this isn't a matter of the person volunteering their living room needing money, but the artist.

I'm well aware of how talent gets booked into venues with guarantees and such. I wasn't saying that the person volunteering their living room should get paid. I am just slightly surprised at the ticket prices. Yes, he needs to make money, I'm all for that. Just surprised at how much he is charging. Usually the house shows I go to are based on donations with a suggested amount.
01:09 PM on 10/02/09
CaryGrant
The Romantic Egoist
User Info.
From what I can tell, there will be about 50 tickets available for each show. I understand how this is a rare occurrence and it is a really intimate setting, but I would've thought tickets would be slightly less, especially considering he is the only act performing.

I'm well aware of how talent gets booked into venues with guarantees and such. I wasn't saying that the person volunteering their living room should get paid. I am just slightly surprised at the ticket prices. Yes, he needs to make money, I'm all for that. Just surprised at how much he is charging. Usually the house shows I go to are based on donations with a suggested amount.
Who normally performs at the house shows? Rocky's a pretty accomplished performer, and since $20 is a pretty believable amount of money to pay to see an artist play somewhere like the Chain Reaction, and this is significantly more intimate, I'd say that it's not unreasonable. I guess in the end it depends on what value the consumer puts on the product, which in this case is the major discrepancy. I'd rather see Rocky in an intimate show for $20 than see five bands in a huge crowd for $20--the former just seems more valuable to me. But if you think you'd rather see more acts play--or if you think the lack of more acts playing doesn't compensate for the fact that the setting is more intimate--then I don't think it's fair to imply he's being greedy, it's just that you don't have the same values as someone who'd jump at the chance for $20.
And also, I don't really think there's even an issue of the person hosting the show expecting a cut, because unlike venues, I'm pretty sure the people whose houses these are would be pretty stoked just for the experience.
01:12 PM on 10/02/09
Rodeo
User Info.
Rocky is ungodly amazing live. I'd gladly pay $20 for the chance to see him with 20-50 other people in a living room. what an experience! Come to Michigan and play my house!
01:19 PM on 10/02/09
mutualaddiction
How am I not myself?
User Info.
no midwest dates!?
01:22 PM on 10/02/09
uglystar03
User Info.
Who normally performs at the house shows? Rocky's a pretty accomplished performer, and since $20 is a pretty believable amount of money to pay to see an artist play somewhere like the Chain Reaction, and this is significantly more intimate, I'd say that it's not unreasonable. I guess in the end it depends on what value the consumer puts on the product, which in this case is the major discrepancy. I'd rather see Rocky in an intimate show for $20 than see five bands in a huge crowd for $20--the former just seems more valuable to me. But if you think you'd rather see more acts play--or if you think the lack of more acts playing doesn't compensate for the fact that the setting is more intimate--then I don't think it's fair to imply he's being greedy, it's just that you don't have the same values as someone who'd jump at the chance for $20.
And also, I don't really think there's even an issue of the person hosting the show expecting a cut, because unlike venues, I'm pretty sure the people whose houses these are would be pretty stoked just for the experience.
I see where you are coming from. He is an accomplished performer rather than the no-name hardcore/punk bands I usually see in people's basement/living room. Personally, I just don't put much value on house shows. In my experience, they are cramped and sound horrible. But to each their own.
01:23 PM on 10/02/09
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
Shafted... yet again
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives