Username
Password
Tooth & Nail Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tooth & Nail Records
Inside AP.net

Secret And Whisper Delay Album, Lose Member

Posted by: Blake Solomon (10/03/09)
Secret and Whisper's upcoming Teenage Fantasy will be released in February 2010, not in October as previously reported. Also, Bradyn has left the band to pursue other interests.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
01:08 PM on 10/03/09
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
yay no creepy saosin lite
01:08 PM on 10/03/09
WhereDannyEnds
Pokemon Master
User Info.
I miss Stutterfly
01:20 PM on 10/03/09
DanielJames
User Info.
What did Bradyn do in the band? Great White Whale is a solid debut and I'm looking forward to this.
01:23 PM on 10/03/09
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
They posted a blog on their myspace about this awhile back :

Quote:
Hello guys and gals,

How have you been? Well I guess it's time for a little update! It's been a while, and when it's been a while, friends start to miss each other. First things first, sorry to all friends who came to se us in KY, or at Tomfest. We are from a different country (canada) and due to border issues we were not able to make these shows. Our deepest apologies as we wanted to be there as much as you wanted us to be there. Also, we werent able to post anything about the situation because we were still in the USA on our way home and if we posted stuff like this publicly, it could have screwed us at the border. Hope friends understand!

Next, we were touring this summer with two fill in members Dave, and Tristan, because Ryan and Bradyn were unable to make it for summer for tour. Instead of canceling the tour, we decided to keep it going with some friends we knew. We thought that would be better than not going. Of course this caused speculation that the members had left. Thats understandable, they werent there, you got worried!

To be upfront there is one sad piece of sad news. Bradyn will not be able to commit much more of his time to SAW as he has moved away to do other great things. We will miss Bradyn but he will always be a part of Secret and Whisper. If one day he decides that he would like to be more involved again, there is always room! So far filling his plce has been Dave. Dave is awesome and from Kelowna, we like him and we think the friends will like him too! He is 100% Bradyn approved :)

Our new album is called 'Teenage Fantasy'. This record is to be released in FEB 2010. A radio station released information that the album would be out in OCT. This is wrong. The album has not been delayed, and we are currently designing artwork. We are excited about the record and can't wait to show you. The album name is 'Teenage Fantasy' and is based upon the theme of the album. The theme is basically a look at my life and the things I've experienced in the the last ten years. Being in a rock and roll band was my Teenage Fantasy. Now i'm living it. If you want to know how its going, listen to the record. Song themes from the album include alien abduction, suicide, depression, serial killers, my old bedroom, native warriors, witches, the movie Dune, friends, and other weird stuff straight out of my life experiences. It gets released in a couple months and I'm sure there will be some sample tracks up on the myspace in the next while. For all of you that have put a pervy twist on the name Teenage Fantasy, all i can say is gross. But what can you expect these days, arent we all kind of idiots? kind of idiots?

kind of idiots? Keep life fun!

See you soon friends....

Charles and SAW
01:26 PM on 10/03/09
electricheart
insert interesting user title here
User Info.
can't wait for this album. february is so far away...
01:29 PM on 10/03/09
WhereDannyEnds
Pokemon Master
User Info.
What did Bradyn do in the band? Great White Whale is a solid debut and I'm looking forward to this.
He was one of the guitarists. He's really nice too
01:33 PM on 10/03/09
RoboZombieKitty
User Info.
He was one of the guitarists. He's really nice too
UGH.
Well this new guy has some pretty big shoes to fill then.
01:39 PM on 10/03/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
They were good live this summer. Looking forward to the album. Best of luck to Bradyn and the band.
01:56 PM on 10/03/09
Aperi Oculos
find me a place to begin
User Info.
I thought this was already reported. Oh well hope that the album is awesome. The snippet I heard was sooo good.
02:09 PM on 10/03/09
branchesofpaper
say you don't know if you don't.
User Info.
Booo
02:10 PM on 10/03/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought it was always intended for Feb release?
02:14 PM on 10/03/09
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
I actually don't mind the similarities to Saosin.
02:21 PM on 10/03/09
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
I'm looking forward to a new album. I don't care much for their lyrics, but I think that musically Great White Whale was more interesting than any current Saosin stuff.
02:29 PM on 10/03/09
Bi11 Lumburgh
User Info.
I could go for a saosin lite considering saosin abandoned the sound they created, someone needs to fill their place
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests