Username
Password
Bowling for Soup News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 26 of 26.
11:36 AM on 10/05/09
So-Crates
Registered Member
User Info.
yeah i dont care how cheesy they are, some of the songs put a really big smile on my face. i dont even drink but cant help shoutin out 'hooray for beer' whenever that chorus kicks in!
11:39 AM on 10/05/09
asteria
My job sucks more than yours.
User Info.
I'm saying sorry before I say what I have to say...

okay.

I remember first hearing "Girl All The Bad Guys Want" and thinking, "Hmm. That's a decent tune." I have not heard anything good from this band since. I have a few friends that go crazy for this band, and I don't see why. To me, it's just really bad pop punk. I'm not trying to be a dick and saying this band is the worse thing ever. I just want to see them come out with something thats an evolution. Not the same songs over and over again.
11:51 AM on 10/05/09
shboom.
that JUST happened.
User Info.
i don't see why every single band has to be memorable or serious or whatever. i love bowling for soup because their music is unlike everything else i listen to and it's fun to have an immature laugh at songs like 'my wena' or 'the bitch song' or 'running from your dad' sometimes. if after ten studio albums, they haven't changed their gimmicks or style, something's gotta be working for them. they're not the only band out there doing it for themselves more than for the fans.
12:24 PM on 10/05/09
apsterling
Sweller Wannabe
User Info.
I have to give them some credit for fitting in and staying remotely relevant in their own way. They sorta reflect the rest of the genre in each record- older stuff goes from this Ska-Punk to Pop-Punk to modern Pop based songs.
12:42 PM on 10/05/09
BruisedxBroken
Our song, the sound of suffering...
User Info.
I almost died laughing when I first heard no hablo ingles. BFS are a terrible band, but they're funny as hell. Anyone who takes what they do seriously has either never met the band, seen their live shows, or been a part of anything they've done. You want something to satisfy the musical elitist in you, look elsewhere. Hell, the guys in this band would probably be the first to tell you to...
12:46 PM on 10/05/09
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
This might be the worst album of the year.
I'm not a fan but the kids like it and Hot Mess are probably worse although I have not given either a listen, I just take the word of the majority of the AP.net community. I liked Drunk Enough To Dance but nothing after. At least these guys aren't a total abomination like the crunkcore garbage out there.

Edit: With all due respect
12:52 PM on 10/05/09
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know these guys like to goof around, but this album just sounds really bad.
02:19 PM on 10/05/09
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.

What kind of test?
03:37 PM on 10/05/09
vagtasticvoyage
i'm awesome, fuck you
User Info.
what should be so bad about it? this bands probably the last one out there just living the bullshit. i really respect that.
no chance of a grammy of course... but it should be a fun record nonetheless.

Has some fun tunes. Anyone expecting anything other than what the band delivered is a fool in the first place.

take that, jason
05:54 PM on 10/05/09
Nick Hull
I want you to know
User Info.
I would pay a thousand dollars for this...
09:18 PM on 10/05/09
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
"Hooray For Beer" actually sounds like a really fun pop-punk song

Yeah it's probably my favorite off the new album. Except the fact that it's going to become to the ultimate frat-bro anthem.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests