AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: White Hot Skeleton - 01.07.09

White Hot Skeleton - 01.07.09

Interviewed by
White Hot Skeleton - 01.07.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

White Hot Skeleton - (Alexander Weger, guitarist and lead singer)[myspace]

1. How did you get your band name?
I did a paper on the Hindenburg back in high school and I watched the video of it going down and it described the wreckage as the "White Hot Skeleton" and that always stuck out to me. When we started playing it just fit.

2. How did this band get started?
I was writing music that didn't really fit in any scene and people really appreciated it. I showed Tyler a few songs and he said we have to make a band, called up Steve he dug it, and just been playing shows every weekend since trying to keep building and building as much as we can.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
I would say Steve (drums) is more classic rock and Tyler(bass) punk rock. My Top 5 artist would probably be...Otis Redding, Brand New, Kanye West, Bayside, and The Good Life.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Bayside - They are the nicest dudes in a band and sadly that's hard to find. +44 - I think their next CD will blow us all away. The Matches - Crazy live show and nice guys, couldn't ask for more.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Panda...Who doesn't want to fuck a Panda?

6. Why should people listen to your band?
It's fun and different and there's actually a lot of meaning in the lyrics if you want to dig a little deeper.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably "Find A Way". Guitars wouldn't be too hard, but if you got a good percent on drums I think you might impress some dudes or chicks whatever you’re into.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Family, friends/fans, and Blink 182

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Make the music free. Bring music videos back to television in hour blocks and not just pop/cock rock/hip hop, but have different hour long blocks of videos from different genres.

10. Memorable tour experience?
2002 Vans Warped Tour I look over and say to Tyler "Kenny from TSL and Andrew from SC are watching our band...and Kenny’s got big nips". That and getting to play with Bayside and Nightmare of You. They are all real stand up talented nice guys.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means an easy way to hear some new music and keep updated on some of my favorites.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"I'll Be There". No matter what, you can’t help but nod your head when it gets heavy.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Boston

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Beatles, Journey, Nirvana, The Cars, and Aerosmith is pretty much what my parents rocked out [to].

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would want to look like Rorschach and have Gambit’s powers. Even though they’re not that sweet, it would be easy to impress your friends.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I hope I never feel that way. Not until people go "Who the fuck are The Beatles...I was inspired by White Hot Skeleton"

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I listen to a lot of pop radio stations when I'm driving

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween. I miss being able to scare people, eat candy, and not get hit on by slutty devils...

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like checking out other local shows, listening to records, and getting caught up in way to many comic books.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I have a pretty good Doc Holiday impression from "Tombstone". Not up to par with Val Kilmer though...he was badass in that movie. Oh and I have the talent to plug myspace pages http://www.myspace.com/whitehotskeleton.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests