AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Time and Distance - Gravity Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.5
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 5.75
Production 7.5
Creativity 5.75
Lasting Value 5
Reviewer Tilt 7
Final Verdict: 66%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Time and Distance - Gravity

Reviewed by: hitchum (10/05/09)
Time and Distance - Gravity
Record Label: Oarfin Distribution
Release Date: June 30, 2009

When I received Time and Distance's latest album "Gravity" in the mail, I was excited to sit down and give it a listen. I enjoyed their previous album The Way it Should Be when it was released several years back. My life has changed a lot since their previous album was released- I graduated from college, got married, and I am now preparing for graduate school. Unfortunately, not all that much has changed for Time and Distance, at least with regards to their lyrics. The main focus of the album is failed relationships. The lyrical themes of the album may be fantastic for high schoolers or those who are experiencing heart wrenching breakups, but they are lost on anyone who is in a happy relationship or is not feeling bitter towards the female gender. Apparently, this album was not written with listeners like me in mind. Lines like "she says she's alone again, but I swear I hear voices on the phone again", and "I bet your lips taste like treason" are lost on me.

Gravity is by no means a terrible album. I personally do not identify with the majority of the songs, but it is a well crafted album. This is a very tight album musically. The instrumental work on the album is solid, and catchy, with several of the songs featuring nice piano flourishes. Greg McGowan is a confident and able frontman who lends the songs an earnestness and sense of passion. Time and Distance has made the transition from acoustic to electric amazingly well. Fans worried about the switch to electric guitars can be assured that the band has kept their style intact, while adding a fuller sound. The best song on the album is the closing track "Gravity". The closing song features a great piano track, and the most interesting and meaningful lyrics of any song on the album. Hopefully the song "Gravity" is an indication of where they are heading for future records.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News