Password

Album Review

Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree Album Cover

Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree

Reviewed by
Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
Record Label: Decaydence
Release Date: May 5, 2005
This review is a user submitted review from ChrisCanberg. You can see all of ChrisCanberg's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
11:24 PM on 10/21/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Worst intro I've ever seen, but a good review otherwise!
11:40 PM on 10/21/09
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
This is one of those albums that I know exactly when and exactly what I was doing the first time I heard it. It brings back so many memories from Freshman year..
It's also one of those albums that I can go back and listen to years after first hearing it and still enjoy it.
Review wasn't terrible..I do disagree with you on XO though. That's one of my favorites.
05:05 AM on 10/22/09
SpeenCharm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is one of my favourite albums, the lyrics are just immense.

Fall Out Boy's best album by a long shot in my opinion, they havn't even come close to it in their last two attempts. I think the fame's gone to their heads to be honest.
09:06 AM on 10/22/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
I agree with you. Though I do love "Of All The Gin Joints..." this album has their weakest songs and the singles do standout more then they should. Overall I still love it. Great review.
02:27 PM on 10/22/09
katyara
Less cute version of you.
User Info.
I agree with almost everything except XO and 7 Minutes In Heaven. XO is probably one of my favorite Fall Out Boy songs, and definitely my favorite from this album.
08:07 PM on 10/22/09
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
This album is my favorite FOB album and one of my favorites of all time. And will always be. I'd give it a much higher score, I think it's so much better than most of the pop punk releases in the recent past.
EDIT:
I agree with almost everything except XO and 7 Minutes In Heaven. XO is probably one of my favorite Fall Out Boy songs, and definitely my favorite from this album.
I'm gonna quote you, cause you didn't see it last time. Our avatars are really similar. Makes me look like I copied you or something but I came up with the crop placement myself.
09:13 PM on 10/22/09
ChrisCanberg
User Info.
This is one of my favourite albums, the lyrics are just immense.

Fall Out Boy's best album by a long shot in my opinion, they havn't even come close to it in their last two attempts. I think the fame's gone to their heads to be honest.
I've definitely heard that a lot but that fame can be taken as either ambition or a cash-in. being a songwriter myself its interesting to see how much you want to grow musically. i'm gunna review infinity next and mention some things that'll hopefully change your mind.
03:44 PM on 03/18/10
ToxicBadger
User Info.
Great album, I agree about "Of All The Gin Joints" but I really like "7 Minutes in Heaven."
10:23 AM on 12/20/10
pandemicpreston
I wish I could change my username.
User Info.
I enjoyed this album. I'd personally give it a 101%, but that's pure bias.

Good job for not being a biased person on reviewing this. I tell everyone this album is flawless but deep down I know there has to be one flaw. Haha:)
11:12 AM on 02/02/12
Kub1-k
User Info.
Very memorable album, def. a classic for me.
11:16 AM on 06/11/12
AustinWhitlock
User Info.
I appreciated your review although there is a bit too much of yourself inflected onto the piece.

From Under the Cork Tree is my favorite Fall Out Boy album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos