AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

PlayRadioPlay! News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

PlayRadioPlay! B-Sides Album/Name Change Info

Posted by - 09:29 PM on 10/06/09
Before PlayRadioPlay! changes his name to Analog Rebellion officially next month, a b-sides record under the PlayRadioPlay! name will be released, including rare material from 2003 to 2009. Additionally, Dan Hunter's explanation about the new name change can be read here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 56
09:34 PM on 10/06/09
Homeless Donut
Not a Registered User
User Info.
Interesting.
09:37 PM on 10/06/09
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
I used to like him and like he said in the blog...people change
09:38 PM on 10/06/09
HometownHero
User Info.
Megan Don't Leave.
09:39 PM on 10/06/09
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
Nice. Looking forward to hearing both the b-sides record and the new full length. I like the new name as well
09:44 PM on 10/06/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
That's cool the b-sides will be under PRP! I dig the new name, can't wait for the new album.
09:47 PM on 10/06/09
Colinreturn
User Info.
like old songs redone?
09:57 PM on 10/06/09
lucygray
often imitated, never duplicated
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Madi... Mindy... Megan. He likes M names.
09:57 PM on 10/06/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Not sure how I feel about the new name, gotta let it sit for awhile I guess.
10:08 PM on 10/06/09
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
Very excited to hear more new stuff Dan.
10:31 PM on 10/06/09
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
Do want b-sides
10:31 PM on 10/06/09
Javs
pretentious
User Info.
Not into his new shit at all. He should of went in the direction of the last few songs on Texas went.
10:44 PM on 10/06/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
like old songs redone?
None of them are redone. They're all in their original form. There are some things on there that are new, though. Some of them were tracks that were recorded for the Analog Rebellion full length that didn't make it, others are 5 year old PRP demos.

Madi... Mindy... Megan. He likes M names.
Matt.... Michael.... The list goes on. :gay:

Not into his new shit at all. He should of went in the direction of the last few songs on Texas went.
The last few songs on Texas were the newer ones. Corner Office, More of the Worst, Forgiveness the Enviable Trait, Texas, those were the tracks that I wrote later. Pirate, Madi, Loco, all of that was old stuff redone.

So, I did go in the direction of the last tracks on Texas. You really don't see any similarities stylistically in Corner Office and Sombrero or Newcomer? Those songs seem like they're in the same vein, in my opinion.
10:46 PM on 10/06/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
The next track I release is going to be one of the completely unreleased b-sides, meaning one that has never been on the internet or anything. I've already released enough Analog Rebellion tracks for now (Sombrero, Real Clever Trick Fur a Bear, Tight Rope Walker) , time to release some PRP b-sides.
10:55 PM on 10/06/09
Javs
pretentious
User Info.
None of them are redone. They're all in their original form. There are some things on there that are new, though. Some of them were tracks that were recorded for the Analog Rebellion full length that didn't make it, others are 5 year old PRP demos.

Matt.... Michael.... The list goes on. :gay:

The last few songs on Texas were the newer ones. Corner Office, More of the Worst, Forgiveness the Enviable Trait, Texas, those were the tracks that I wrote later. Pirate, Madi, Loco, all of that was old stuff redone.

So, I did go in the direction of the last tracks on Texas. You really don't see any similarities stylistically in Corner Office and Sombrero or Newcomer? Those songs seem like they're in the same vein, in my opinion.
Well I guess I did exaggerate, I do like mindys secret song and In the style of a tightrope walker. But otherwise, these other songs just dont do it for me at all. Usually in all your songs I find something interesting about each and everyone of them, and i cant say i did with some of these newer songs.

Forgiveness the Enviable Trait is still by far, the best song you've ever written in my opinion. So so so good, I still listen to it a lot.

Edit: Oh, and I dont really see the similarities from those ending texas songs and these new songs. This new stuff seems a lot more experimental to me. That isnt a bad thing, just not my cup of tea. I felt like the ending texas songs were the best examples of your writing capabilites. Solid, intelligent songs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos