raychull
Lakeland, FL
Female - 23 Years Old
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/p...009/press.html

Thoughts?
04:14 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
SpacePunk
Cynical stunt.. even the fawning British news media are rolling their eyes.

If they are gonna hand out Nobel Peace prizes to US Presidents that don't start a war in their first 9 months, they should have given one to Bush.

Also this could well have been decided months ago (even more cynical) judging from the hosts and performers that were announced.. Wyclef for one.
05:24 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
Birmingham, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
No offence intended towards Obama, but I find this farcical and utterly devaluing to the Prize itself.

On the other hand, he is working hard on eliminating the threat posed to humanity by the Moon. Great.
05:30 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
sammyboy516
Male - 23 Years Old
surprising.
05:43 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
joe has a cat
joe misses his cat
Perth, Australia
Male - 25 Years Old
First thing that came to mind
06:03 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
Dahstin
likes to puke goats
Okc, ok
Male - 29 Years Old
First thing that came to mind

rofl!
06:57 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
Josh Weinstein
good for him.
07:01 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
Kansas
Male - 26 Years Old
I thought you had to accomplish something to win this award? Apparently that's not the case anymore.
07:12 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
fightinirish217
Your love will be / safe with me
New York, NY
Male
I thought you had to accomplish something to win this award? Apparently that's not the case anymore.

My thoughts exactly. This blows my mind.
07:15 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
Alou
Shenanigans.
Dacula, GA
Male - 23 Years Old

Apparently, they want to encourage him to be peaceful. So they gave him the award before he has actually been peaceful. That award just lost some of its awesomeness in my book.
07:23 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
Auals
studiocity.bandcamp.com
Brisbane, QLD
Male - 24 Years Old
Apparently, they want to encourage him to be peaceful. So they gave him the award before he has actually been peaceful. That award just lost some of its awesomeness in my book.

However, apart from your aweome avatar, this also means he kinda HAS to be peaceful from now on doesn't it? He's got a peace prize. He has to be peaceful. If he's not they can just be like "Sorry dude, we're taking it back, it's not a war prize biatch" and he gets a real slap in the face.. All's good :)
07:41 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Working to close Gitmo, working with Iran, working with North Korea, working with Europe, working to downscale war of choice in Iraq, etc, etc.

Nothing at all, right?
07:42 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Read one comment somewhere saying this was the Nobel organization's way of filling an affirmative action quota.

Gotta love the blatant racism.

Edit: Boom found it: http://thinkprogress.org/2009/10/09/erickson-nobel/
07:44 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
Rubbersoul87
No Avatar Selected
He's the man.
07:49 AM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Working to close Gitmo, working with Iran, working with North Korea, working with Europe, working to downscale war of choice in Iraq, etc, etc.

Nothing at all, right?

He closed a prison. Not worthy of the Nobel prize, especially since it was mainly a political move.
Working with countries? What has he done? What has he worked with them to? This isn't a prize for strarting negotiations, this isn't a prize for "working with" people, it's a prize for furthering peace, and he has not done that in any of those places.
Working to downscale "war of choice" in Iraq? He moved the people out of the cities. News flash, ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WERE THERE ARE STILL THERE. They are just now sitting in bases outside of the cities as no one helps regulate anything within. No one came home. Nothing was downscaled. We are now just paying soldiers to sit.

He's done nothing to deserve the highest honor there is for furthering peace. Nothing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos