Username
Password
Drive Thru Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Drive Thru Records
Inside AP.net

Socratic Loses Bassist

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (05/16/06)
Bassist Adam Swider of Socratic has left the band; below is a message from the group:
MessageThis announcement is hard for me to make. I could not find the right words to write so I am going to say this and get it over with as quick and painlessly as possible. I'm sad to inform our friends and fans that our bass player Adam Swider who has played with us for a few years now has decided to leave the band. Adam is pursuing his academic carrer and enrolling back into school come september. The remaining members of the band and I are terribly upset to see him leave, he was an outstanding bass player and a great personality both on and off the stage. Yet, we wish Adam much luck with his life's choice and are sure he will be successful in whatever road/ roads he decides to take from here. Socratic plans on continuing to tour, write songs and put out records. Adams last show with Socratic will be on Wednesday, May 24th at the Crossroads in Garwod, NJ. This will be an intimate show I believe its 18 to enter 21 to drink (do not quote me on that) for all our friends and fans in our home town to come see adam rock with us one last time. Anyone else who would like to come is welcome....To wrap this up... Good luck Adam!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
08:03 PM on 05/16/06
straylight70x7
I FEEL GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!
User Info.
What a bummer. He was a GREAT bassist. These guys put on one of the best live shows I have seen...
08:26 PM on 05/16/06
Greg
User Info.
i had a good convo with adam about the RX bandits at a recent show. seemed like a cool dude.
08:28 PM on 05/16/06
melvicious
oh.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
*career. oooh snap. maybe someone else should go back to school?! ha. it happens.
I haven't seen them live yet. booo
08:29 PM on 05/16/06
thebestkylever
girls like status.
User Info.
seein these guys in a couple weeks with the forecast. cant wait :)
08:42 PM on 05/16/06
moonlights
cinco de mayo!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by melvicious
*career. oooh snap. maybe someone else should go back to school?! ha. it happens.
I haven't seen them live yet. booo
yeah, i wouldn't say spelling is anyone in that band's strong point, haha (if you read this, sorry guys, but its true)

I'm definitely sad to see him go, he's an awesome dude, but its never good for anyone in the band when one member would rather be doing something else. that said, best of luck to him in school.
09:12 PM on 05/16/06
MakeDamnSure
Is it a Pony?!
User Info.
:( That sucks, but I'm glad he's making a good choice for himself. I am very glad the band is still together. I was worried after reading that first sentence, and ignoring the subject title.
10:11 PM on 05/16/06
So_It_Said
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like this band I think they deserve more credit than they get.
12:01 AM on 05/17/06
37Everywhere
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
let's keep in mind what label they are on...
any other label right now and they're golden
02:53 AM on 05/17/06
00spool
User Info.
Undoubtedly the most underrated album of 2005. That record STICKS with you long after others have faded. Drive Thru needs to get on the ball and start promoting them (note to DTR: There are bands on your roster other than Hellogoodbye, Halifax and T.E.N.)

A great live show as well.

Best of luck Adam!
03:28 AM on 05/17/06
Greg
User Info.
Originally Posted by 00spool
Undoubtedly the most underrated album of 2005. That record STICKS with you long after others have faded. Drive Thru needs to get on the ball and start promoting them (note to DTR: There are bands on your roster other than Hellogoodbye, Halifax and T.E.N.)

A great live show as well.

Best of luck Adam!
what the hell have they doen for TEN lately? asshat
05:02 AM on 05/17/06
BettyDavisDance
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Socratic is a good band. They are tight live. However, I do not think that if they were on another label besides Drive Thru it would help them that much. When the majority of your fans are between the ages of 15 and 22, it is much harder to sell CDs. Kids in the "scene" don't dig this band because they don't scream and thank goodness they do not and only a small percentage of the other kids are left to truly support this band.
05:08 AM on 05/17/06
Chevy114
User Info.
He was a nice guy I'll miss him!
09:52 AM on 05/17/06
moonlights
cinco de mayo!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by BettyDavisDance
Socratic is a good band. They are tight live. However, I do not think that if they were on another label besides Drive Thru it would help them that much. When the majority of your fans are between the ages of 15 and 22, it is much harder to sell CDs. Kids in the "scene" don't dig this band because they don't scream and thank goodness they do not and only a small percentage of the other kids are left to truly support this band.
i think its a little of both. true, they're not "scene" or "hip" because they don't sell out to the screamo thing, but at the same time there are plenty of bands they're similar to (who don't scream) that are huge - something corporate, straylight run, and to an extent, say anything come to mind. promotion can do wonders for any band, no matter what genre they are - if you get their name out there, people will listen. what these guys really need is to be put as openers on a big tour...sure worked wonders for hellogoodbye and halifax.

(p.s. to those of you who want to help promote, you could join the street team... the link is in my signature)
10:04 AM on 05/17/06
Ruggiero2oo8
don't worry, be happy
User Info.
bummer.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music