Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 18 posts
09:22 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
88%, wow. I am excited for this. I love Sing, but Keep Going. A Different Light was pretty fun, but did not get many spins after a month or so.
I'm with you on a A Different Light. Pretty blah for me actually, too. This one is a huge step forward. Don't let A Different Light steer you away. Get this, now!
10:03 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
This review is full of hyperbole. I enjoyed the album, but 88%? Really?
It may be hyperbolic. But I've given this album a month and it hasn't died on me. So any exaggerated statements are just a reflection of the fact that it can't get old.
10:06 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Too many references to the EP, but good review and very good album.
It was referenced three times, as a reminder that the band didn't really write 12 new songs. That very point, as referenced in the penultimate paragraph is one of the album's few downsides. Being that the review is so praiseworthy, I had to emit a negative when possible.
10:08 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
The album's good, but c'mon an 88%... Also, this band is just a tad overrated.
An 88 is a B plus. How is this not a B plus record? As for the overrated claim, we can agree to disagree. I think if anything they are extremely underrated.
10:16 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
For real. I like the album and all, but you went a little too far in this review.
Can't please everyone.
10:26 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
this will be the end of the year's surprising sleeper hit on the site, no doubt in my mind.
Lord I hope so. The animosity so far makes me think otherwise.
10:32 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Except that barely anybody busts a nut over them and they are pretty much unknown still. But okay, whatever you say.

This review is the first time I've seen anyone show interest in the band.
I owe you a drink.
10:45 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I thought it'd been established a long time ago that the AP scale is not akin to a report card. 50% is supposed to be completely average on a pure percentile scale, not 75% (a solid C). I have no quibble with your score for this album, but it helps when people are consistent about what the numerics really mean.
I suppose you're onto something. I'll admit naivete on my part for not knowing what the scale means. I was under the assumption, the scale varied by reviewer. For those that know me, they know I generally rate things in the 80s and dont go much lower than 50. Those albums that are truly something special get 90s. This disc is not quite that strong, but not far away, either. That's just my ten cents.
10:46 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
But was the 'Not gonna love' EP really released in 2007? It's the year 'A different light' came out...
I thought it was only a promo EP sold this year at shows and on iTunes before the album. To me, it's not a "proper" EP.
Great point. I wrote 2007 as an error. I totally meant 2009. Thank you for noticing that. Great copyediting!
10:54 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
exactly, you're absolutely right. it was basically just a sneak peek of the album. so yeah, they wrote 12 new songs.
and sorry, but the review just wasn't written very well. first track, second track, ... ninth track, ... there could have been i bit more variety here. and the whole "ep" wouldn't have needed any mention anyway
I probably could have used better segue. But everyone stumbles sometimes.
11:05 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
To me, writing style is not as important as substance. While I disagree with your opinion of the album, I think you did a good job of presenting a review that was clear and actually explained why you think the album deserves a high score. This was a good review.

By the way, I like your avatar. I like to cover completely random songs using Dylan's vocal style he used for songs like "I Want You." It gets some great comedic results.
Thank you for the compliments. Getting pretty lambasted for this one, so I appreciate your sincerity. Cheers.
11:30 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Was doubting that this would be good as was disappointed with their last album but this review makes me want to pick it up
Far better than A Different Light.
11:31 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
This album is pretty good, not sure I would give it a 88% but I still enjoy it. I don't understand how this band is "overrated". They are barely even talked about on this site. It sounds like the word "overrated" is a tad overused because it sure doesn't apply here.
I agree with you 100 percent.
11:38 AM on 10/12/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I still like ya Gregory!
This album needs more listens for me.
Thanks, buddy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives