Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 41 of 41
07:15 PM on 10/14/09
TheBreakup
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
PURE AMAZING!!! One of my favorite bands of all time. Anybody who loves a lot of the "keyboard" bands that have come out in the last decade should really check out these guys!! They played at the first show I ever went to at a small coffee shop called Sacred Grounds in my hometown. Thats when I knew I wanted to play synth in a band.

Moog for the win!
07:28 PM on 10/14/09
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
looove HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL
08:31 PM on 10/14/09
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
their final album was always my favorite
Ariel Rechtshaid, their singer, produced valencia's newest album and plays bass in LA hipster rock band, Foreign Born.. good stuff!!

For real? I love Valencia and Foreign Born.
09:49 PM on 10/14/09
0s0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Most underrated sk8-ska band.

As much as I enjoyed Heads Are Gonna Roll, it paled in comparison to Forget The World. As a ska-punk band these dudes were great, but as a synthpop band they were just above average.

Totally agree. I was not a fan of Heads Are Gonna Roll. As for Forget the World - that was a BOMB album. They even had a Police cover.
05:36 AM on 10/15/09
Keyser_Soze
More punk than you
User Info.
Most underrated sk8-ska band.

Totally agree. I was not a fan of Heads Are Gonna Roll. As for Forget the World - that was a BOMB album. They even had a Police cover.

Agreed. Forget the World is way better than Heads Are Gonna Roll. If you've never listened to the Hippos....check out Forget the World first.
07:31 AM on 10/15/09
PubeyLewis
User Info.
The Hippos did freakin' rock!

Still love Ska, and am sick of people who used to trying to admit they don't because it's "not cool." Well if the Warped tour last year was any indication of what teens think is "cool," then call me a dork. Simply disgusting, background tracks, songs that have no social message beyond being a womanizer.
08:03 AM on 10/15/09
Scuba Chris
...has a gambling problem
User Info.
I still listen to the Hippos all the time.
Man, it's such a shame they didn't release more music.
09:20 AM on 10/15/09
noblerabbit
flowers are how plants laugh
User Info.
to this day i still play 'heads' a time or two per month. saw them first opening for mxpx in 2000. great band.
10:44 AM on 10/15/09
makeoutmags
every moment bleeds into one
User Info.
If you're hard up for a hippos fix, Danny is playing trombone with us on this tour with hanson. I saw the hippos at chain reaction with Limbeck, it was RAD!!!
how's the hanson tour going for you guys? lots of new fans that you wouldn't normally see at your shows? i love their music but their fanbase is definitely a little different.
11:14 PM on 10/15/09
acemoney0015
AceMoney0015
User Info.
i love that band because of my gf
09:08 AM on 10/16/09
Hexxagonal
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The hippos rock. They fit into this little world that not many could equal / come close to.

Wtf - people listen to hanson still or did i miss something? Did I just hit a page from the 90s?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos