Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 98
10:15 AM on 10/15/09
kissbangkill
panda @ weworemasks.com
User Info.
Because even in general, I don't understand how people can listen to this kind of music at all. You can't decipher the lyrics. The guitars are drumming are good, but it mostly sounds the same...

Also EDM = electronic dance music like Trance, House, Ambient, etc.
okay, you can't listen to trance and house and talk shit about this kind of stuff. and this is coming from someone that listens to a lot of electronic music.
10:17 AM on 10/15/09
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
Good review! I really liked this on first listen. Converge is definitely a band you have to spend time with, and this release is no different.
10:21 AM on 10/15/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Because even in general, I don't understand how people can listen to this kind of music at all. You can't decipher the lyrics. The guitars are drumming are good, but it mostly sounds the same...

People could say that about any genre.

The music you listen to is the polar opposite of hardcore music...ANYONE would be taken aback if they are avid techno/electro/whatever listeners and they throw on thrash/hardcore.
10:25 AM on 10/15/09
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
just got my pre-order today :D listening to it as I type....effin a...my dorm room is full of poop
10:33 AM on 10/15/09
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.

Its definitely an acquired taste, but its hard to accurately critique if you're unfamiliar with the genre.
I'm all for free speech, but man, you had to know you were throwing yourself into the fire with this one..
10:47 AM on 10/15/09
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
One of your better reviews for sure.
10:49 AM on 10/15/09
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Album is fucking wild, I love it.
11:00 AM on 10/15/09
musicenthusiast
nah mean?
User Info.
never really liked converge, but i can not deny how sick this shit is, it sounds like the soundtrack to the destruction of earth. (good thing haha)
11:08 AM on 10/15/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
People could say that about any genre.

The music you listen to is the polar opposite of hardcore music...ANYONE would be taken aback if they are avid techno/electro/whatever listeners and they throw on thrash/hardcore.

Agreed,

Its definitely an acquired taste, but its hard to accurately critique if you're unfamiliar with the genre.
I'm all for free speech, but man, you had to know you were throwing yourself into the fire with this one..

And yep, well said.

I'm looking forward to checking this out. Good review.
11:11 AM on 10/15/09
Leafy
Pretty Dirty
User Info.
Wish I would have pre-ordered this. I can't wait.
11:13 AM on 10/15/09
zombie!pirate!
User Info.
the tour with mastodon is going t be very very sick
11:20 AM on 10/15/09
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
This band fucking sucks. This genre fucking sucks too.

I can't figure out why Drew gets his rocks off giving high scores to these garbage bands that sound exactly the same like all the other shit out there.

Converge sounds like a bunch of idiots banging on trash cans in a basement yelling their heads off. Any group of morons could replicate this kind of music. It has ZERO value.
coming from the guy who said this...

BB is better than Brand New, Blink 182, anything with Anthony Green, or any of those other progressive emo bands this site likes.

seriously dude, get off this site and go to May Day where you can jam out to Nickelback and have them tell you how to be a rockstar, bro.
11:31 AM on 10/15/09
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
Great review Drew. This band deserves the praise.

I can't figure out why Drew gets his rocks off giving high scores to these garbage bands that sound exactly the same like all the other shit out there.

Converge sounds like a bunch of idiots banging on trash cans in a basement yelling their heads off. Any group of morons could replicate this kind of music. It has ZERO value.

Obviously, your ears are not adjusted to any advanced form of music. This shit is like quantum physics when compared to hip-hop and alt. rock. So you really can't talk shit about something you don't understand, unless you want to look like a jackass.
11:36 AM on 10/15/09
RonMexico
bitte orca
User Info.
EDM
Underground Hip-Hop
Alt. Rock (although less often)
So, you know that guy who hears what you're listening to and says "TECHNO SUCKS!"? Yeah, that guy who doesn't understand that Mylo is actually "house" music, not techno at all? The guy who's head you want to bash in because he's so damn ignorant to the genre(s), yet still feels the need to voice his opinion?

In regards to this genre, you are that guy. Please shut your pie hole. Thank you.
11:51 AM on 10/15/09
xjoex
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

1) You could not replicate the drumming on this record.

2) Though the guitar work on this record is definitely not the most skilled I've ever heard, it does cover a very wide range of difficulty. You could not replicate it.

3) You could not replicate the vocals on this record.

4) Shut the fuck up.

5) Shut the fuck up.

6) Shut the fuck up.

7) Shut the fuck up.

8) Shut the fuck up.

9) Shut the fuck up.

10) SHUT THE FUCK UP.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music