Lunatic Dreyfus - 01.07.09
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Lunatic Dreyfus - (Neil Evans)[myspace]
1. How did you get your band name?
"The Pink Panther Strikes Again" (1976)
2. How did this band get started?
High school was boring, we knew how to play instruments, a "band" inevitably formed.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Brian Wilson, Kanye West, Slipknot, New Found Glory. Variety, fun, talent.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Gorilla. Call me Kong when we furry baby.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I wear men's clothes and have a normal haircut. I write better music than everyone else and do not have a boner for Jesse Lacy.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Stare". It would not be hard for people who memorize patterns, hit 3 buttons in sequence and can count 1, 2, 3, 4.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank myself because I am awesome and god didn't do shit when I was laying down tracks. Big Sexy and Mike get props as well.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Make a band's image irrelevant and create a minor league farm system where musicians are forced to learn how to play instruments in a live setting. When they're ready, they get called up.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Going to Blue Colony after gigs.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Not much. It's a website. It's great for news and seeing how out of touch I am, but I never go on the boards or participate in threads.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Anything I've just written.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Lake Winnipesaukee, NH
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Beatles, Motown, MC Hammer.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to see the future so I can know whether the Celtics are going to choke in the playoffs.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Yes. We can do whatever we want, don't have to rely on the band for income, and have no false hopes about the future.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I can have a real conversation about music without acting immature or elitist.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving 'cause I hold it down in the kitchen.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Home improvement projects, play with my dog, go to Market Basket, fishing.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can detect fake and shitty bands within 2 seconds of hearing their songs on myspace.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |