Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 32.
11:35 AM on 10/20/09
touchstone
wut
User Info.
Which particular songs would you say were worth buying?
12:27 PM on 10/20/09
HometownHero
User Info.
The movie is not even out yet. So people need to get over the "attaching the movie to the soundtrack." Who cares if it is Twilight. That CD has good bands and good tunes. Throw away your insert if you're that stupid
01:39 PM on 10/20/09
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
I really like some of the artists on this thing, but I honestly felt it was quite the snoozefest.

Great exposure for Anya Marina, BRMC, Band of Skulls and some others though.
02:46 PM on 10/20/09
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
Which particular songs would you say were worth buying?
Grizzly Bear, Lykke Li, OK Go, and Sea Wolf tracks were the standouts to me.
03:06 PM on 10/20/09
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
I'm gonna get this, and change the name of the album on my iTunes in hopes of forgetting where it came from. There are some very good songs on this soundtrack.
03:13 PM on 10/20/09
justlikehoney
that's why you always leave a note.
User Info.
Pretty good, surprisingly. The best track is probably Sea Wolf's cos it sounds like Camera Obscura
03:27 PM on 10/20/09
Killerkid64
Jesus is awesome. Just sayin'.
User Info.
Twilight sucks. this compilation sucks. vampires sucks. who knew?
10:53 PM on 10/20/09
:-)
User Info.
Quote:
The feeble, new-age music handlers for New Moon may have gotten away with a stellar line-up for their less than stellar movie franchise. Unfortunately for us, the results of the soundtrack are mixed, and more than likely, the elitist in me feels this is going to be a half-ass introduction of what many kids will think is "indie" and "hip."
04:40 AM on 10/21/09
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
I'm completely in love with the bon iver track, the only song from this I have heard.

I think it's as outstanding as anything they've done but I can't help but feel worried about how this film could ruin it.
04:49 AM on 10/21/09
lynnie
is rockin!!!
User Info.
I found it easy as hell. I'm just listening to some good tunes.
So what if it has that stupid Twilight title.
The Hope Floats soundtrack is awesome, and that was one cornball movie.
This is some gooooood stuff. Looooove it.

I think this is the problem, people can't separate the movie from the soundtrack. Great soundtracks for me are Meet Joe Black, The Holiday, John Tucker must Die, Buffy, Raising Helen, Stepmom, Spiderman 1 and 2. Great soundtracks but not always great movies.

Anyway, I was really excited about this soundtrack as I loved the first. I have to say though, I am a little disappointed. It's not bad, just some of the tracks from great bands like Muse, Thom Yorke (Radiohead dude) etc are a bit of a let down. They have better back catalogues. Best track for me has to be Bon Iver.

I'm sorry, but vampires should not be disco balls in the sun. The good Lord intended them to burn. Where were all these Vampire trend whores when Buffy was one of the best shows on TV?

Buffy was very well written, hence it did so well... loved that show!
06:08 AM on 10/21/09
timb89
Australian Music Roundup
User Info.
I feel they may have gone for too much indie cred on this one. Terrible movies, but the first sold 2 million copies of its soundtrack. Girls I know who are obsessed with Twilight haven't picked this up, because as tragic as it is, most young girls don't know Thom Yorke, or Bon Iver, or Grizzly Bear. At least in the tween market, which Twilight is definitely in. On the plus side, those who do buy it may learn something about music. Bad luck to those who already bought their Taylor Swift tickets...
who cares if teenage girls listen to good music? everyone laughs at them for listening to brokencyde? yet it seems they aren't allowed to listen to music with credibility.
06:10 AM on 10/21/09
timb89
Australian Music Roundup
User Info.
i also like the twilight books/movies and taylor swift.
08:21 AM on 10/21/09
sticky1013
User Info.
Thom Yorke really?
08:35 AM on 10/21/09
heythereimbecca
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm actually enjoying this soundtrack. It is very melancholy, but has some bright spots as well. And they are right, you have to divorce the crappy movie from your mind.

I'm sorry, but vampires should not be disco balls in the sun. The good Lord intended them to burn. Where were all these Vampire trend whores when Buffy was one of the best shows on TV?

^^^ thats hilarious.
and twilight loving scenesters dont listen to indie music so.. fail.
08:53 AM on 10/21/09
AndrewStuart
I'm a mess. I guess.
User Info.
this.

but hell, i'll take it if he puts it out there.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests