j_ray
User Info.

"Who gives a fuck what Ja Rule thinks at a time like this."
I was just going to post this
03:57 PM on 10/21/09
isntnikione
I've never heard of you either!
User Info.
I find it frightening that in this day and age there is a Western country (not to mention the one considered the most powerful in the world) whose citizens can't get adequate health care.
04:52 PM on 10/21/09
erwynl
Next Time Forever
User Info.
Am I the only one who came here to say "love the title"?

Anyway, I'm Canadian, so I won't weigh in on the issue. Wait, yes I will, universal health care for the win!
06:25 PM on 10/21/09
mattXcaratachea
User Info.

This.

I am also going to school to become a teacher, and your argument makes me sick.
06:33 PM on 10/21/09
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
I wish famous people would stay out of politics. It makes me hate my heroes.
He should be a bigger hero to you because of this. He is trying to help people.
06:38 PM on 10/21/09
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This.

I am also going to school to become a teacher, and your argument makes me sick.
Thank you. Seriously one of the worst arguments I have ever heard, the logic is just horrible.
07:27 PM on 10/21/09
thegroceries
User Info.
here's what happens when government gets involved in health care. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000... 85243066.html
07:55 PM on 10/21/09
lbopm
catch phrase
User Info.
Unintelligent sheep? You're saying that I'm unintelligent because I agree with Mark Hoppus.

You say that he doesn't get to have an educated opinion because he doesn't have a college degree? How does the college degree I'm getting make me more intelligent on the issue of healthcare or gay marriage than him?

Most people go to college, and guess what, they're less educated than Mark Hoppus is in politics. A college education makes you no more intelligent when it comes to this subject than someone who doesn't have one, unless you're going for political science. I have had arguments with many college graduates who have absolutely no idea what the hell they are talking about, and when I point them to facts and statistics they just ignore it. There's so many idiots on TV with "college degrees" making up fake facts and saying untrue things daily, do they have more of a right to try to sway people(with made up facts, might I add) than Mark Hoppus does(who has actual facts)?

He's not abusing anything. He's a citizen of the United States, and as a citizen he is allowed to say what he wants and what he believes. Younger voters, as in 18? You DO realize the majority of blink-182's fan base is over the age of 18 right? He's giving his opinion on why we need healthcare. He can do what he want, and you don't have to like it. To say that we're using a celebrity or whatever to further our agenda isn't true. It's not like President Obama or I emailed Mark Hoppus and asked him to give his opinion on the issue. You seem to be the unintelligent one here.
If you had ever even taken a psychology class, you'd know certain types of thinking including multi dimensional abstract reasoning is underdeveloped in general in non-college grads.

I wasn't calling you a sheep. I was calling people who believe it because Hoppus said it sheep. Read.
09:18 PM on 10/21/09
PickGuard
Hm.
User Info.
so?
12:05 AM on 10/22/09
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
I didn't voice my opinion on healthcare at all. I was speaking generally.

Uh, then maybe you shouldn't have stated it as a reply to a healthcare news story, smart one.
04:48 AM on 10/22/09
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
Good for Mark, together me and him gave $20 today.
08:43 AM on 10/22/09
tony_u
User Info.
That's really not true at all. Have you even been on a college campus? Med school is even worse when it comes to reasons why you do it. I know several people going into the countries top med schools and they are doing it because they like science and money, people are just the way they achieve the second goal.

Cut doctors pay and the quality will go down (even farther than it can be now)

You don't go through a 4 year bachelors, 2 years of med school, and 2 years of residency (sometimes up to 6+ as a surgeon) because you love people. You do it to make money. Case closed.
it must be tough going through life knowing all the answers to everything
10:14 PM on 10/26/09
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Tom Cruse: "Matt you're being glib."

Tom Cruise is an expert on psychiatric drugs. He's a celebrity and he's read books.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos