Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

The Damnwells Need YOU

Posted by: Steve Henderson (10/22/09)
The Damnwells want your help to get started recording their next album. You can help fund the process through Pledge Music, and get access to exclusives along the way, as well as getting the album once it's done. Full details and link to a new song in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
07:46 PM on 10/22/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Friends,

First, thanks to all of you who have downloaded and continue to download our record, One Last Century. It’s been a great experience for us to be able to connect directly with our fans, as well as make some new ones. Thank you all for your continued support. Consider One Last Century as our gift to you, though really it’s just payback for all the great support you’ve given us over the years.

As we embark on a new recording project, we need to ask for your help. Bands rely on their fans. You’re the people who come to the shows, buy us drinks, sing along, and make us feel pretty. The Damnwells need to take that one step further. Don’t worry; you can keep your clothes on (for now, anyway). What we need is your help in making our next record. We’ve recently partnered up with Pledge Music, an organization that helps independent bands raise the money necessary to make records. What’s so great about Pledge is that not only do they help independent bands get their records made, they also donate 10% of the money tallied to charity.

Here’s how it works. By pledging your donation here (http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/90), you will not only be able to directly assist in making this new record, you will also have access to EXCLUSIVE Damnwells b-sides, video posts, blogs, photos, not to mention helping fight against AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria. For this project, we’ve decided to offer 10% to The Global Fund, a humanitarian organization committed to providing much-needed resources for the prevention and treatment of these devastating diseases. Oh, and you also get to download the record once it’s done.

But wait! That’s not all! (cue Vanna White.)

Check out the “Exclusives” section on our home page for, well, exclusive opportunities. Get your name in the credits. Come hang out for a rehearsal. Have us come play your house. Go nuts!

For now, head to the site and enjoy a free download, a little taste of what you’ll have access to when you pledge. The song is called “Death Defier,” and I suppose it embodies some of what we’re talking about here. (Click on the “download” button at the bottom of the page to get it.)

Help us continue to make music and maybe, possibly, really change some lives.
Fans, this one’s for you.

Love, as always,

The Damnwells

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/90
07:46 PM on 10/22/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
07:59 PM on 10/22/09
AbbeyCarbs
We're just kids on the run.
User Info.
why must i be a poor college student?
08:03 PM on 10/22/09
liar23
Yo
User Info.
I submitted this! I submitted this!
08:04 PM on 10/22/09
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Ah, so you got the email, too?
08:11 PM on 10/22/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Ah, so you got the email, too?
Yuppers :)
08:12 PM on 10/22/09
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
12:42 AM on 10/23/09
RCCOLA
the shadow proves the sunshine
User Info.
Seriously everyone, THIS is sooo worth donating to. The Damnwells are amazing and deserve to make records unlike a lot of other bands out there that are just trend bands, and it's also for charity, so do it!

I am going to ASAP
02:53 AM on 10/23/09
uglystar03
User Info.
The new song sounds really good. I'm thinking I'll donate $12 for a copy of the album after payday. What happens if they never meet their goal of $20,000 though? Do they just make the record off the donations they did receive or do we all get our money back?
05:45 AM on 10/23/09
puhrnj
User Info.
This is awesome. I love this band and everything they stand for.
08:14 AM on 10/23/09
TradeTruth4Lies
User Info.
The new song sounds really good. I'm thinking I'll donate $12 for a copy of the album after payday. What happens if they never meet their goal of $20,000 though? Do they just make the record off the donations they did receive or do we all get our money back?
that's what I want to know, at first glance, with all the "you won't be charged"/"We'll refund your money" if they don't reach it leads me to believe they won't, but I didn't read the terms before I signed up, so something in there may make it clearer.

That's the one thing that makes me sad, if they don't get anything. B/c even if they don't hit the 20K ::knock on wood b/c they WILL:: they'd at least still be however much closer to it to have to fund less out of their own pocket.
01:59 PM on 10/23/09
eags2
unless you have friends among fish.
User Info.
i really love this band so much
12:09 AM on 10/25/09
coreypurvis
www.be.net/coreypurvis
User Info.
great band.
Options
Related News Stories