Password

Album Review

The Raveonettes - In and Out of Control Album Cover

The Raveonettes - In and Out of Control

Reviewed by
The Raveonettes - In and Out of Control
Record Label: Vice
Release Date: October 6, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
06:37 PM on 10/23/09
liveloud4life
User Info.
8 for lyrics? Really? I can't even read them without laughing aloud.
08:09 AM on 10/24/09
Christian Otte
Get money fuck bitches smoke trees
User Info.
Last Dance is probably one of the best songs I've heard this year.

Oh, and always great to see some fellow Danes being reviewed here .
01:25 PM on 10/24/09
RonMexico
bitte orca
User Info.
Kind of like how I laugh at He Is Legend lyrics.
05:45 PM on 10/24/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agree
03:59 AM on 10/25/09
Brandon_WalshDK
Seldom right and wrong again, Steve
User Info.
Last Dance is probably one of the best songs I've heard this year.

Oh, and always great to see some fellow Danes being reviewed here .
Yes, Denmark FTW!
08:11 AM on 10/25/09
Christian Otte
Get money fuck bitches smoke trees
User Info.
You know it, man.
03:33 PM on 10/25/09
liveloud4life
User Info.
Kind of like how I laugh at He Is Legend lyrics.
Are you kidding? HIL has at the very least decent lyrics. What could you possilbly be referring to?
10:11 PM on 10/25/09
RonMexico
bitte orca
User Info.
Are you kidding? HIL has at the very least decent lyrics. What could you possilbly be referring to?
I am the villain to you
You are the princess to me
And I got you where I want you
Let love bring you to your knees
If I can not have you, darling, no one will
This fairy tale is ending, this fairy tale is ending

REST IN PIECES

....really, dude? And to be perfectly honest, if you find the Raveonette's lyrics "laughable", you've obviously allowed their sound to go over your head.
08:09 PM on 10/26/09
liveloud4life
User Info.
I am the villain to you
You are the princess to me
And I got you where I want you
Let love bring you to your knees
If I can not have you, darling, no one will
This fairy tale is ending, this fairy tale is ending

REST IN PIECES

....really, dude? And to be perfectly honest, if you find the Raveonette's lyrics "laughable", you've obviously allowed their sound to go over your head.
What about those are awful? I won't try to say that those are mind-blowing but even this song which you picked to be a bad example makes subtle lyrical and melodic references to an earlier piece (a lot more common of influential composers like Charles Ives than rock music) and they're better than a substantial amount the BS that's out there. Such as "I went away to meet my love I saw things that I can't have It makes me mad To think of you with someone else." I guess the glorious the glorious over simple, cliche, substanceless radio pop goes over my head.
12:35 PM on 10/27/09
RonMexico
bitte orca
User Info.
What about those are awful? I won't try to say that those are mind-blowing but even this song which you picked to be a bad example makes subtle lyrical and melodic references to an earlier piece (a lot more common of influential composers like Charles Ives than rock music) and they're better than a substantial amount the BS that's out there. Such as "I went away to meet my love I saw things that I can't have It makes me mad To think of you with someone else." I guess the glorious the glorious over simple, cliche, substanceless radio pop goes over my head.
I'm definitely going to end this conversation considering you consider The Raveonettes to be simple or "substanceless" (hooray for made-up words!) radio pop. At first I thought you just had a misconception of the band, but now it's apparent that you're just mentally retarded. Really? He is Legend is "glorious"?

Thanks, buddy. I needed that laugh. Open your head, man. Once that ignorance is shed, you'll find some killer music out there.
03:54 PM on 10/27/09
liveloud4life
User Info.
I'm definitely going to end this conversation considering you consider The Raveonettes to be simple or "substanceless" (hooray for made-up words!) radio pop. At first I thought you just had a misconception of the band, but now it's apparent that you're just mentally retarded. Really? He is Legend is "glorious"?

Thanks, buddy. I needed that laugh. Open your head, man. Once that ignorance is shed, you'll find some killer music out there.
This site can praise them and bands like them all they want for breaking music down to such a raw, rudimentary sound, and maybe that's cool, ok I get it, and I'll retract the radio-pop part of the statemnet, but on the basis of musical structure and creativity on a concrete level, this never pushes outside the boundaries of the most basic chords and melodies that you learn in the your first month of guitar lessons.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos